Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Small World Song in the Ask The Experts forums; I've known for a while now that "It's A Small World" was originally written as ballad and was very slow and not like it is done today. They play it ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Small World Song

I've known for a while now that "It's A Small World" was originally written as ballad and was very slow and not like it is done today. They play it the original way in a Travel Channel special on Disneyland. I was telling the rest of my family about the ballad version of the song and how it had a totally different meaning than the one now after somehow the subject of Its a Small World came up.

Since they played the song on the Travel Channel I figured it wouldn't be that hard to go onto YouTube and ethier find a clipit from the Travel Channel show or a different clip that had the song played in its original way, however I can't find one. My family was really interested in hearing how the song was originall meant to be. Does anyone know of anyplace online that might have a place where they can listen to the ballad version?
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I must say I've never heard of this. The version of the attraction that opened at Disneyland is identical to the World's Fair where it originated in 1964 for Pepsi Cola. There are many arrangements that have been produced because it is arguably the most sung and translated song in the world.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    From what I understood from the Travel Channel show the ballad version of the song never made it into the attraction. Its how it was originally written, but for whatever reason they changed it to the more upbeat tune that we hear today before the attraction even debuted.

There's a few websites that I looked up on Google that talk about that the Small World song being originally a ballad, but none of them have places or links where you can listen to the ballad version.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I've never heard of this either, but good luck finding it!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I know exactly what you are talking about, I saw the same show on the travel channel...unfortunately I don't know where you can find a clip of it....hope you find it somewhere!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Try contacting the Travel Channel. They have been very helpful with our questions in the past.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.