Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss St. Patrick's Day in the Ask The Experts forums; I am thinking Epcot is the place to be on St. Patrick's Day. Does anyone know what kind of festivities any of the parks will have going on this year?...
    smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Question St. Patrick's Day

I am thinking Epcot is the place to be on St. Patrick's Day. Does anyone know what kind of festivities any of the parks will have going on this year?
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I read something about Pleasure Island doing some bands, dancing, etc on the weekend of but cant remember where I saw it. I was interested in the Mardi Gras one is why the St. Pats day schedule caught my eye. The mardi gras one if I remember correctly had something about giving away beads and street performers, etc. and no tickets necessary for it. So I am sure the SP one will be similar. Call PI for info on it.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I would think Raglan Road would be doing something since it is an Irish Pub and located in Pleasure Island. Anyone know for sure what they do?

My local Irish Pub goes all out for St. Patrick's Day.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    I am thinking Epcot is the place to be on St. Patrick's Day. Does anyone know what kind of festivities any of the parks will have going on this year?
    As the folks before me said, Pleasure Island is more the place for St. Patty's day. While Epcot has the World Showcase, Ireland isn't one of the countries showcased, so nothing really special goes on there.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks! I think I will wear green just to be safe!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    As the folks before me said, Pleasure Island is more the place for St. Patty's day. While Epcot has the World Showcase, Ireland isn't one of the countries showcased, so nothing really special goes on there.
    Umm...doesn't Ireland kinda fall under UK? I'm not exactly Irish...well, except on March 17th...but isn't the whole name of the UK, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

I've never been at WDW on St. Patrick's Day, but I'm hoping to be there that week this year. I was actually hoping someone had some more specific information than "Hey, go to Raglan Road!" like I keep hearing. Birnbaum's (I know, not my preferred reference either) says "Epcot's United Kingdom marks the day with Irish dining and dancing."

Anyone know anything more specific?
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by hgraber View Post
    Umm...doesn't Ireland kinda fall under UK? I'm not exactly Irish...well, except on March 17th...but isn't the whole name of the UK, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

I've never been at WDW on St. Patrick's Day, but I'm hoping to be there that week this year. I was actually hoping someone had some more specific information than "Hey, go to Raglan Road!" like I keep hearing. Birnbaum's (I know, not my preferred reference either) says "Epcot's United Kingdom marks the day with Irish dining and dancing."

Anyone know anything more specific?
    Yes, UK does include Northern Ireland, and the day is generally celebrated in the UK, although I'm not sure to what level. I'm also not sure what may be done at the UK pavilion specifically.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    being very Irish (and not from northern Ireland) my grandfather has often explained to me that the Irish refer to England's flag as the butcher's apron guess it depends on what part you are from)( so i wouldnt say that they are the worlds best friends in reality but in Disney everyone gets along and i would love to hear if there is any festivities i have been wanting to visit around St. Pats for a while now
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    There is a lot of bad blood still...but Northern Ireland does celebrate St. Patrick's Day too - its not a Catholic or a Protestant thing, its an Irish thing.

I'd expect Raglan Road to REALLY be where the party is at anyways. At Epcot there probably would be some merchandise, and perhaps a special piano player at the R&C.

My mother, who was born in Dublin, said that one time my dad and her went into a local Irish pub somewhere on St. Patrick's Day (before or shortly after I was born, so late 60s-early 70s). She was wearing a peach dress, which was apparently a little too close to orange for a number of the patrons. It wasn't until she explained that having been born in Dublin she didn't have to wear green to prove she was Irish, and not only was she MORE Irish than anyone there, she was probably more CATHOLIC as well, they backed off...

She apparently also had the ability to not only tell from an accent whether you were from the Dublin area or not, but WHAT PART of Dublin...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Lots of our local drinking establishments really go the whole hog for St.Patricks day. I think it is pretty well celebrated all over the U.K