Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Fastpasses in the Ask The Experts forums; I was on EBAY today and noticed that there are Fastpass/Rider Switch Passes tickets on there. I am taking the family to Disney over Easter break and know how packed ...
    cavclan is offline A-Ticket holder

Fastpasses

I was on EBAY today and noticed that there are Fastpass/Rider Switch Passes tickets on there. I am taking the family to Disney over Easter break and know how packed the parks are going to be, so are these tickets legit? I know i can get a fastpass in the park but you are only allowed one at a time, so I was thinking about picking these up..but wanted to make sure this is not a scam..can anyone answer this for me..thanks

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I personaly would not buy these because I "think" that when you have a fastpass they expire in after the time window thats on the ticket. Hope this helps... Have a great Trip!!! And welcome to DWT!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    DONT DONT DONT DONT, ETC. ETC.

Please, please, please dont buy them on there. It is a scam big time. Fastpasses are to be used only on the day they are issued so unless the seller on there has a time machine that can magically get you the day's FP's that you need . DONT DO IT!

Plus technically it is illegal to sell them(they say non transferable) so ppl on EBay get around it by selling you an envelope for $20 full of useless passes. Recently quite a few of the FP distribution machines have been replaced with newer versions to make it easier for CM's(castmembers) to read them and tell bogus/ old ones from the current days.
    Besides why would you want to pay money for something that is given out free to all the guests at the park. Please dont buy things like tickets also off of anyone who is not an actual affiliate of DIsney. I have read stories of where someone was out big time money because they tried to save money and someone scammed them. The rules on the FP's are there to help control crowd flow into an attraction. IF everyone had these it would make the lines even more long.

FP tips.............
    *Everyone in your party does not have to go up individually to get their FP's . Send up one person with all your tickets(tickets MUST have gone thru the turnstiles for this to work) and get all the FP's you want (up to the number of tickets you have) at once.
    *Even if someone is not eliigible(too short,etc) or has no desire to ride. Get a FP for them too. (if your party is not splitting up this works great) You can use their FP to ride again.
    *You can not use a FP prior to the first time listed on it. Some CM's may allow you to ride anytime (even 6 hours,exp) after that start time. This is totally up to the CM but most (not all) will let you
    *You actually can hold more then one FP at a time. Wait until after the time starts on your first one and go get a second one (for a second attraction or the same one, your choice) You can not use that 2nd one till the time on it starts tho. You can keep doing this until FP's run out for that attraction

Now all that said, I normally dont use them cause I hate doubling back to where I have already been, but then again I do go at slower times of the year. HATE HATE HATE crowds. I am going down the first week of March and hopefully will luck out since Easter is still 2 weeks away at that point.

Feel frree to ask any other ????? you may have. Everyone on here is always glad to help
    Have fun on your trip and please dont feed the scalpers
    Last edited by vixen101485; 01-28-2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: clarified a point
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    These are "free" with your paid admission.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If you look at the tickets on the ebay site, (which I just did out of curiosity) they have expiration dates on the tickets. What a shame that people are actually bidding on these. Please don't let me be the cm who has to refuse entry to someone who paid any money for purchased fastpasses.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I am blown away that someone would do that.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I love using fast passes, and usually make use of at least one each time I visit a park, but stuff like this makes me understand why albino_pygmy is not a big proponent of the fast past.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I had to do it... I sent messages to the people selling them... now I'm looking for a way to report it to eBay. I'm a big eBay seller/buyer so I really get miffed when I see this stuff.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Reported it too. LOL!

Technically they can get away with it even if you report them on Ebay because they are not really selling the FP's themselves but the envelope. "you are not bidding on the fastpasses but on a plain white envelope" There are people who buy the FP's for other reasons then to use them in the parks too is another reason the Ebay police look the other way. Some ppl like to bid on them because they are like souveniers or for some sort of craft project. I need to remember to get an extra non-timed one for souvies this time myself. You can get a second one at the same time and it will print out the ride name but it says something like not valid.

thank god this isnt "evil board x" I would get crucified for that comment. Heaven forbid you do that and the machine runs out fo paper where the person behind me has to wait a whole 5 seconds while the CM reloads the paper.

cavclan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you everyone for your input...this just saved me some money...Thanks

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    DO NOT BUY THEM! Have a great trip!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by cavclan View Post
    Thank you everyone for your input...this just saved me some money...Thanks
    You are very welcome. Some of the little things/extras at the parks are sometimes hard to understand. Took me forever to figure out FP in the first place. I dont like to be a Stupid Guest or annoy the CM's much with silly questions so I do a lot ( I do mean A LOT) of research on things when we go on vacation. Drives Donnie crazy but he can deal with it. Ask him how many days I just spent on finding out something about parking for our March trip.

Have a great trip and if you have any other questions shout them out.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Do not buy, everyone above is correct. We saw a couple (no kids) get turned away-to the ticket gate, because they had bought someone else's leftover days. What a major bummer, but a fastpass? That seller is a total loser.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Suggestion if you do have leftover FP's you dont use, be a fairy godmother (or father) and spread some pixie dust by handing them to someone in line if you dont want to keep them. I always mean to do this with our extras then all of a sudden I see a butterfly and must chase it. In other words my DD wants something and I get sidetracked