Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Dining plan question in the Ask The Experts forums; We are going to the world in May (yay!! my 12th trip!!). This time ther will be a group of us. We would like to gete the dining plan, but ...
    Chessie is offline A-Ticket holder

Dining plan question

We are going to the world in May (yay!! my 12th trip!!). This time ther will be a group of us. We would like to gete the dining plan, but my son's mother-in-law has several food allergies. Can she still use the dining plan even if she has to make special requests? Thanks!

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessie View Post
    We are going to the world in May (yay!! my 12th trip!!). This time ther will be a group of us. We would like to gete the dining plan, but my son's mother-in-law has several food allergies. Can she still use the dining plan even if she has to make special requests? Thanks!
    Anytime I have needed something special Disney is the one place that goes above and beyond to help out, even while we are on the dining plan. I have only been diagnosed with being diabetic since last Spring and the Disney CM's, servers, and chefs were more than willing to help out when my trip was only a couple of weeks since I had been diagnosed. Even the counter service meals were something I could eat. If you are wondering what is on the menu's you might go to http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm to see what is available. They also have a great book out for Special Needs through the Passporters book. I got my copy at Barnes and Noble. A suggestion through there was to call 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463) and have them put an alert on your reservations. The chefs are more than willing to help out, but the more time you give them to work on this the better. The book and the website were the most helpful for me, it should help you. They give you all of the numbers to call ahead of time to see how they can help.

Have a great trip. We will also be there in May so I am hoping for a relaxing trip!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    all ears also has a special allergy section....from things I've read WDW works to accommodate every eating need.

Special Dietary Needs While Vacationing at Walt Disney World
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Disney is very accomodating to those with food allergies. Just tell the person on the phone you talk to when calling for your Reservations what those allergies are and they will note it in the reservation and when you get to the podium at the restaurant they will ask you who it is. It cant hurt to mention it again tho when you do get there.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Chessie is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you so much everyone! You have given us alot of great information that will help us get the foods we need.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessie View Post
    The Disney Dining plan is nothing more or less than a means of *paying* for your meals. It has absolutely nothing to do with making reservations or making special requests. You still have to call 1-407-WDW-DINE to book your restaurants, whether you're on the plan or not. The plan does not grant you any kind of guaranteed seating at any restaurant. When you call WDW-DINE, whether you're on the plan or not, you can make whatever special dietary requests you need to. The Disney Dining Plan is wholley irrelevant until your check appears on your table.