Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss upgrading tickets in the Ask The Experts forums; I have a pair of 6 day no experation park hopper tickets because i had to end my last WDW trip early. I am going back this May and since ...
    tiggaman is offline A-Ticket holder

upgrading tickets

I have a pair of 6 day no experation park hopper tickets because i had to end my last WDW trip early. I am going back this May and since it was Jan when i last went I didnt upgrade to the water park fun and more. I was wondering if i can upgrade my tickets to water park fun and more now? If not what can i do?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Yep you can always upgrade (at least to my knowledge)... as long as you haven't used them (i.e. you can't get into the MK and get bored and then go back out and say "I wanna add park hopper"... unless that's changed).

I believe you can go to any of the customer service desks on property (i.e. at a resort or downtown disney) to do this. You can also do it at the ticket booths. I'm not 100% sure if you can do it on the phone though. It's worth a shot!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's actually about 100% backwards, Bama. :-(

ALL options can be added, including park hopper, regardless of whether or not the ticket has been used. Yes, you are perfectly able to go into the Magic Kingdom with a base ticket, decide you'd like to go to Epcot, and so add on the Park Hopper option at Magic Kingdom Guest Relations before getting on the monorail.

HOWEVER, this particular poster is out of luck. All ticket upgrades must be done within 14 days of the ticket's first use, regardless of no-expiration option. Once that fourteen day window has elapsed, no future ticket upgrades are allowed.

WDW Ticket FAQ

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ah well that's what I get for trying to answer from memory instead of googling.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggaman View Post
    I have a pair of 6 day no experation park hopper tickets because i had to end my last WDW trip early. I am going back this May and since it was Jan when i last went I didnt upgrade to the water park fun and more. I was wondering if i can upgrade my tickets to water park fun and more now? If not what can i do?
    As I said in another reply, you won't be able to upgrade your tickets, because you've passed the 14-day window of allowable upgrades. So to answer the "what can i do" part of your question, you can buy single-day tickets to Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Pleasure Island, or Disneyquest.
    TL or BB: $41.54
    PI single-club: $11.66
    PI multi-club: $23.38
    Disneyquest: $39.41

Note that the water park tickets aren't "hoppers". You can't buy a ticket for Typhoon Lagon and then also use it same day at Blizzard Beach. Also note that the Single-Club Pleasure Island tickets aren't valid at Adventurer's Club or Comedy Warehouse. If you want to visit one of those (even if you don't want to visit any other club) you have to buy the multi-club ticket.

Any Guest Relations location (in the parks, either Downtown Disney location, or at the water parks) can sell you any of those four tickets. You can also buy them from your lobby concierge desk if you're staying at a Disney Resort. And of course, you can also buy TL tickets at TL, BB tickets at BB, PI tickets at PI, and DQ tickets at DQ.