Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Wishes Fireworks.....another question hahaha in the Ask The Experts forums; I know that the fireworks start once it gets fully dark out........but does anybody know about what time they start on August nights, we are planning our first nights meal ...
    dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

Wishes Fireworks.....another question hahaha

I know that the fireworks start once it gets fully dark out........but does anybody know about what time they start on August nights, we are planning our first nights meal around it and I cant remember about what time the sun goes down in florida.
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

Wishes is always after the night's first run of SpectroMagic. 10 PM is the time it starts.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    You should check out the official WDW calendar. August times are out now.

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

We were there this past August and go often in August. Wishes is on at 10 PM.

disney95 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yep. The WISHES show usally starts at 10PM. Be sure to find a spot early though, it gets very crowded! I usally stay at the Polynesian and watch the fireworks along the Lagon Beach. You can see the castle perfect and they play the same 'Jimminy Cricket' Speech at the hotel! Have fun!!
    July 20-27> POLYNESIAN!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World
    thanks for all the help..........we are going to eat at the california grill on our third night there, i here it is the best place in all of Disney to watch the fireworks
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

Personally, I prefer the beach at the Poly for viewing outside the MK. The view from CG give you a skewed perspecitive. The fireworks that normally appear behind the castle actually go off from behind the park itself. I would say it's a nice experience...not spectacular.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The view from the California Grill of the fireworks is unique, and something worth experiencing, though "best view" is a matter of opinion. They dim most of the lights and play the music in the restaurant. If you finish dining earlier than the fireworks, they allow you to return to the restaurant to watch from the outdoor terrace.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

sportzman0510 is offline A-Ticket holder

California Grill

I have a question. If you are not a hotel guest can you still have dinner at the California Grill? Iam going in April and Iam also trying to see how to get reservations

Yep - just call 407-WDW-DINE. It's a popular place. But, if you have a small party and are willing to eat at a weird time, you should be OK. BTW - if you get a really early dining time (before Wishes) and want to come back to watch the fireworks later, they will let you do that. We just had to show our receipt at the check in desk.

Thank you so much. You just saved my vacation. Lol. I do have one more question.... How far in advance do you have to have a reservation. like how much earlier from the time you want to dine? Thank you again

wannabeella is offline A-Ticket holder
    Make the reservation as soon as you can. Pretty much make the reservation they day you find out you will be there. Do you mean you are going this April? because if you mean next month, you are probably to late to get a reservation. But that doesn't mean give up, phone everyday in the monring right up to the day you want to go, people always cancel.
    When things get tough, think fluff and stuff ~Winnie the Pooh
    Disneyland: August 2005
    Walt Disney World: Cast Member May - August 2007
    Disneyland: April 2008

I only have 2 other people besides me in my party. So i hope that I can get a reservation. Iam going from April 16-22 so what day do you think has more chance of getting a time for dinner?

wannabeella is offline A-Ticket holder
    You would definetly have better luck on one of the weekdays, the Wednesday and Monday would probably be your best bet. But when you phone the disney dine number tell them you will be there from the 16th to the 22nd and they can check all days.
    When things get tough, think fluff and stuff ~Winnie the Pooh
    Disneyland: August 2005
    Walt Disney World: Cast Member May - August 2007
    Disneyland: April 2008

thanks!; now one thing my mom doesnt want to make a reservation yet because she has a broken leg and she thinks that the restaurant wont be able to assist her disability. and Iam trying to convince her to make the reservation as soon as possible. Is there any chance at all that we could make the reservation like a week before we leave on the 16th or would they already have everything booked?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast