Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss I'm a Disney Veteran going with Disney Newbie in August... in the Ask The Experts forums; I've been to Disney World 23 times...and with all the experiences I''ve had, I know the best places to go and everything else, but in August I am going with ...
    DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Exclamation I'm a Disney Veteran going with Disney Newbie in August...

I've been to Disney World 23 times...and with all the experiences I''ve had, I know the best places to go and everything else, but in August I am going with my friend for his 21st Birthday, his first time going, as well as another girl who has only been there twice. We are able to book our dining reservations next week, and since we are only going for four days, I cant decide where to take them to get the best Disney experience. Does anyone have advice on where we should go for breakfast or dinner? So far I think Chef Mickey's is a definate, but the rest is so up in the air.

Any advice is more than welcomed!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love CP for breakfast....nothing beats walking down an almost empty main street with ressies before the park opens! We took a newbie this year and she couldn't agree more!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That's a tough one because of people's tastes and what they want to spend. I think if they are all paying their own way then they would probably want a say in the decision and if you show them the menus from allears.net then they could each pick a place and you could pick the remainder.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i'd have to agree and see where the newbies would want to eat...if you want to surprise them, maybe have them pick a few places then you make the final choice...i went with my friend for her first visit and as much as i wanted to do disney the way i was used to i let her make most of the decisions...it was tough for me but i think it made the trip extra special for her bc she could choose and i could give her my opinion...so it worked out really well.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    What constitutes one person's "best" experience doesn't always make it someone else's "best" experience. Give your friends a wide range of choices based on the types of food they like and the types of rides they enjoy. Let them be a part of the decision making. By making them part of the process, the experience becomes "their" trip and they can begin looking forward to what the group has planned.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    Thanks guys! I think a part of my dilemma is that they keep telling me, "you know best, tell us what you think" and I don't want to disappoint them...CP for breakfast is great though! And I think we should pick an EPCOT country too!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Doepy-That's exactly what my friend did. She wanted us to plan it all because we knew.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    If you guys are going to be spending time it DTD, you may want to consider trying out Planet Hollywood. My family loves it there and the atmosphere is great! It's really cool to look around and see all the props that you've seen so many times in the movies! If any of you guys are into movies or the Hollywood/celebrity atmosphere it may be a good place to try out.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You may want to save EPCOT for a dinner experience. Akershus has a wonderful breakfast buffet, but it is a Princess character experience. I take my kids to it each time we visit. CP is wonderful. 1900 Park Fare is a great breakfast. Wilderness Lodge has a tremendous breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Everything is served in cast iron skillets. This is a very dangerous thread! There are so many wonderful places to eat at the world! I also never miss the Garden Grill at EC or the Cape May Buffet (seafood) at the Beach Club.

I agree with the previous suggestions about finding out what kind of cuisine they want to experience and research from there.

Good luck, and thank you for making my tase buds realize I won't be dining at the world until November

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World
    Its pricey, but California Grill during fireworks is something im sure they'll never forget
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

Disneymomto6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    For a great view of Illuminations you can ask them about Les Chefs de France. If you can score reservations for just before Illuminations, request a window seat when you check in. It's a fantastic view of Illuminations.
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I LOOVE Hoopdy Do Revue. It is so fun and definitly a fun interactive disney experience. If you want to splurge a little, go to the California Grille at the Contemp. Try to make a Resi for around 9:00pm so that you guys can watch Wishes at MK while eating. When you call, tell them to make a special note that you are going with a First-Timer and you want to sit next to the window. They did that for me for Our Anniversary trip last July...It was Magical!!!!!
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    You should stick to places that are specifically Disney...places you can't find anywhere else...California Grill is by far one of the best restaurants on property...if you don't mind the price, I'd say definitely go there. Sci Fi Diner at the Studios is a good choice for lunch or a light dinner because its totally unique. For that reason, I usually go to Cosmic Ray's for counter service. Coral Reef is great, Chefs de France is AMAZING, and the restaurant at the Mexico pavilion. I go with Newbies all the time and I'm always left to making the decisions, so you should be totally fine, just keep your friends' tastes in mind! (I'd avoid places like Wolfgang Puck's, Planet Hollywood and the Rainfores Cafe. While these are great restaurants, you can find them in other parts of the country, so my advice is to keep it to WDW originals).

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Le Celliere is personally my favorite but if you want to give more disney elements I would say La Cantina De San Angel just because you have that good feeling of a great well themed surrounding while being able to watch the boats go by and they have great food. Outside of there Mama Melrose and 50's Dine are good dinners and Donald's Breakfasrosaurous is a good breakfast.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com