Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Bill for gratuity for DDP? in the Ask The Experts forums; I know we are beating this to death but I need to know from someone who has been there how the bill for the gratuity is presented? [ ] I ...
    LAroy is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Bill for gratuity for DDP?

I know we are beating this to death but I need to know from someone who has been there how the bill for the gratuity is presented?
    [ ]I don't want it automatically added to my bill when they swipe my card to remove a meal credit
    Thanks in advance

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    There is no automatic gratuity for DDP. You may be thinking of DDE. With DDP, you write in your own tip just as you would any other restaurant and method of payment.

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder

tips

With the new plan (just got back last night...see my trip report) the gratuity was annoying when you wanted to charge it back to your room. Yak & Yeti could not produce itemized bills so they just said average was $35 and they recommended leaving it in cash. For a room charge it took another 10 minutes to get it cleared. We're "done" with the dining plan for the next trip due to the gratuity mess

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We used the DDP in January and had no problem leaving the tip. I am trying to remember what we did, I believe my husband charged it back to our room. Although it was nice having the tip included with the old plans, my guess is that the plan was used so much it wasn't cost effective for Disney to keep doing things this way. Plus we always left an additional tip previously. Although I can't complain about service at the restaurants we have eaten at previously, I can say service was stepped up a notch when we were there in January. Maybe it is because we are leaving the tip now. We will continue to use the plan, just wish their was a choice of appetizer or dessert.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I prefer to decide my own tip, after all, I am the one they either are or are not treating right. I always start at around thirty percent, but an empty tea glass for more then five minutes in a slow restaurant is a 5%dock, I have a sliding scale. Locally if a Hooters waitress ignores me and DD and fawns over hubby, she get a dollar and a note explaining her error. I enjoy getting some control on the tips but (except once at Hooters) I have not ever left less then 15%.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.