Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Liberty Tree Tavern in the Ask The Experts forums; My son wants to do a character dinner on the next trip. His first choice was Chef Mickey's, but the first available time for dinner reservations was 8:50, which is ...
    annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder

Liberty Tree Tavern

My son wants to do a character dinner on the next trip. His first choice was Chef Mickey's, but the first available time for dinner reservations was 8:50, which is a bit late and too close the Wishes time. So I made reservactions at the Liberty Tree Tavern instead. Has anybody been to character dining at Liberty Tree. Is it any good?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We've done the character dinner here a few times. Here's one review I wrote awhile back on our experience: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-6-3-05-a.html

I genuinely enjoy the theme and the character interaction here the most.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thanks, MandaBella. Sound like good food and a good time. My one concern - the cherry cobbler. Don't think that will go over too well with the 7-year-old, but if he gets the cherry cobbler and vanilla ice cream, sans the cobbler, I think he will be happy.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    The dessert changes. The night we went for that review, it was cherry cobbler. Other nights it's been an apple cobbler or apple crisp. I forget which one. All Ears is saying right now it's a cherry cobbler. I'm sure your son could get the ice without the cobbler.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    My sister and I did this character meal in August 2007. It was a lot of fun, and the food was really good. I love the family-style meals where the platters are brought to your table and you serve yourselves. The characters were all a lot of fun and came around very often. I believe it was Minnie, Goofy, and Chip & Dale, but I could be wrong about those...

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I, on the other hand, hated the food. It is like a preboxed Thanksgiving dinner from Stouffers. I've gotten better meals from my local grocery store. However, the character interaction was good. For me and my son, we would do Chef Mickey's first, then O'Hana's second. Never again for LTT (unless someone else is paying or it's part of a WDW Radio fan meet)

JPG54 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up LTT= Fun

Here is another vote for LTT. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and character time there. We also thought the food was good. Sure, it was not as good as we could cook at home on Thanksgiving, but good none the less. Plus, it's all you can eat. The characters were great, and we really liked the theming. We would definitely go back.

PS....mritty is right on the characters being Minnie, Goofy, and Chip and Dale
    Pat-Charter D23 Member
    Premium Pass Holders

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I liked it also. The food was, ok. The character interaction is great. We always have a good time eating there.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the opinions, everybody. I'm more interested in the character experience than the food. Although good food would be a plus. Turns out DS really wanted to go to LTT, although I'm not sure why. He only said he wanted to go to Chef Mickey's because he wanted to ride the monorail. I told him he could ride the monorail anyway. So everything worked out perfectly.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    My family went to this restaurant last year. The food was pretty good...your standard Thanksgiving meal. We had turkey and gravy, stuffing, a salad, awesome mac and cheese and some really good bread. I don't remember what the dessert was, but I want to say it was some kind of pie, (maybe blueberry?) with ice cream.

The character interaction was good. When we went Goofy in particular was very good. He spent a lot of time with us and made a big deal about the lanyards with all the pins that we all had. He was particually interested in mine and made a big deal that I didn't have any pins with himself on them, then I pointed out that he was sitting in a doombuggy with Donald and one of my Haunted Mansion pins. It was a nice experience. The others didn't interact too much other than to stop by our tables, but then the youngest person dining was 18, so we didn't have any little kids that wanted autographs or pictures or anything.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by annie609 View Post
    Thanks for the opinions, everybody. I'm more interested in the character experience than the food. Although good food would be a plus. Turns out DS really wanted to go to LTT, although I'm not sure why. He only said he wanted to go to Chef Mickey's because he wanted to ride the monorail. I told him he could ride the monorail anyway. So everything worked out perfectly.
    Can't blame him on riding the monorail. Ask to sit up front, you'll each get a co pilot card. I'm sure he'd like that.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Don't they also serve Flank Steak along with the turkey? This is one of the meals I have in mind if free DDP shows up again.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort