Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss What do you think of stay offsite? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi everyone, I just was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Caribe Royal? This is where we staying in May. Any advice about staying offsite would be great... ...
    First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!

Question What do you think of staying offsite?

Hi everyone,

I just was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Caribe Royal? This is where we staying in May. Any advice about staying offsite would be great... I was also wondering if any one know how there bus transportant (sp?) is?

Thank again
    Last edited by First Timer; 02-27-2008 at 07:15 AM. Reason: New question???
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey Loni. I have not stayed at the caribe. I have however, stayed at the Buena Vista Suites...the sister hotel next door. You can use all amenaties at both hotels, pools, restaurants, room service, etc. We have always wanted to stay there. It is pretty inside and I just love any kind of pink hotel...lol. My aunt and cousins have stayed there and loved it. It is so close to the parks, about a ten minute drive. And you have the luxury of having a store right across the street. I know that comes in handy when we go away just to run over and grab drinks or snacks for the hotel fridge. Have fun, too bad we are going to miss you by a couple of days. Have you ordered the 2008 DVD for WDW. The new ione is out and you can order it online for free at disneyworld.com. I'm sure you would ove to watch it since this will be your second trip....

Enjoy!!!, Danielle
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

Oh I just wanted to say one more thing. There is nothing wrong with staying offsite. Using your money wisely is such a tough thing to do while in WDW. I have stayed in and out of the parks numerous times, as my trip in May will be my 25th. I have the luxury of staying on property this trip b/c my bro bought a DVC timeshare. I actually enjoy staying offsite typically. It's nice to get out of the hustle and bustle sometimes and enjoy other parts of Orlando.
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

I'm going to go order my Dvd right now... Thank you for your advice it always great to hear from a veteran WDW fan..
    Loni

your welcome
    Danielle

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I've stayed offsite as well as onsite. Personally, I prefer to stay onsite. It's more convienent - plus each day a park stays open earlier or later for onsite guests. Also, the transportation is fast and very convienent and you don't have to worry about parking. I would NEVER stay off resort again. We loved pop century when we were there.

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World
    I would only say that I would never stay offsite. The reason being, when you stay inside the WDW resort its like your in your own magical land. All the outside bothers seem to just go away and you forget all about them until you leave. It is a great feeling and i think it makes the experience all that much better But, WDW is so magical that staying offsite im sure will be a fine experience either way
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well, I do agree that staying onsite is magical and somewhat easier for the most part when you don't have to think about parking, tramming, get the extra magic hours, etc.

However, if we were to stay offsite again (we have in other resorts) we would pick the Caribe. It is a beautiful resort and many of my friends who have stayed there really enjoyed the resort, location, size of the rooms and amenities.

For us, we try to save money by not renting cars, so we stay onsite since we enjoy being at a Disney resort and using their transportation (plus, when we stay onsite we also save the daily parking fee). If you will be at the Caribe, you will either drive or take their transportation. It is a little more cumbersome, but overall - if you are saving some good money and think that you will be spending a good amount of time there - you will have a lovely stay. The pool is terrific as well!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    If we drive in for a week or so, we have found it more convenient (for us) to stay off site. The only reason I say that is that we have small children. They don't eat much, so it's nice to get groceries and eat cereal or something in the condo. We waste so much money trying to feed everyone breakfast. Now if we are staying for a short time or fly in, I definitely stay onsite. Also, we don't like the buses. If we drive (staying onsite or off) we will drive to the parks. This way we are not crowded and the kids can be comfy on the ride back. We have found the ride in the car is just as quick as trying to get on a bus. We have APs so parking is free.

Simonhp is offline A-Ticket holder
    Do the downtown disney resorts count as offsite. me and my family have stopped there the last couple years and it was great having downtown disney so close. but we do use our rental car to get to the parks

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Until recently we almost always stayed offsite. We didn't stay at the particular hotel you're referencing but let me tell you this. Many many people will tell you that a big benefit to staying on site is the bus transportation. What they don't know is that most of the area hotels offer transportation to and from the parks. We used to stay at the Double Tree (Pineapple) and they contract a bus company to get you to and from.

As someone else said, there is nothing wrong with staying offsite. I will say this though, we now know that we can stay onsite at a Value resort for the same or ever cheaper than offsite so the money saving is no longer a benefit. You do lose out on the charm that comes with the onsite properties of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonhp
    Do the downtown disney resorts count as offsite. me and my family have stopped there the last couple years and it was great having downtown disney so close. but we do use our rental car to get to the parks
    Technically the hotels in that area are considered on property but they don't come with the "benefits" you get from staying at a Disney owned resort hotel.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thank Jenn the bus transportation is my big issue because i'm going to be counting on that and i'm also going to be traveling with an 11 year old and a 2 year old so good transportation is key!
    Loni

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'd say then that you should give the hotel a call and just verify that they offer transportation. Like I said, most hotels in the general area do. They know what their guests are there for. LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Many places I looked at offsite do indeed have shuttle service to the parks, but it's not nearly as frequent as Disney's internal system. Some have two departures in the morning and two returns in the evening, and that's it. Some run a bus every hour on the hour. Some will take you only to the TTC and let you get to/from the other parks from there. And many of them will also include a charge for this service (whether you use it or not) as a part of your hotel's "service fee". As BamaJenn says, I would definitely call your hotel and see exactly what the policies are.

tduncan1538 is offline A-Ticket holder
    [quote=BamaJenn;613734]....Many many people will tell you that a big benefit to staying on site is the bus transportation. What they don't know is that most of the area hotels offer transportation to and from the parks. We used to stay at the Double Tree (Pineapple) and they contract a bus company to get you to and from.

........quote]

I stayed at the Doubletree (pineapple) my first time at Disney and yes they do provide a bus but on their terms and times. I have since stayed on property 5 times and there is nothing better than knowing there is a bus coming every 15 minutes to every part and hotel I might want to visit.

I remember waiting in the lobby of the hotel for a long time waiting for the doubletree bus and we were dropped off at a location at MK that is just like parking (Other side of the lake). With the Disney buses you are dropped off literally just outside the gates. The Disney bus was also spacious and allowed for plenty of room for our stroller.

Something else a little less tangible. There is something to be said for getting on one of the first buses in the morning and taking the drive to the park. There is an excitement and energy because you are literally in Disney watching resorts and park entrances go by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast