Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Classic trivia battle...some say yes, some no in the Ask The Experts forums; Many in our group think that there used to a place in the Magic Kingdom that used to serve beer (some think Frontierland). Others, including a former cast member, say, ...
    im4pins is offline A-Ticket holder

Classic trivia battle...some say yes, some no

Many in our group think that there used to a place in the Magic Kingdom that used to serve beer (some think Frontierland). Others, including a former cast member, say, "No way, never happened, never will!" Anybody out there have a similar recollection or some hard data?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hello im4pins.. welcome to the family!

Sorry to say, alcohol has never been served in the Magic Kingdom.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    The king of trivia is correct. The MK has always been alcohol free. As a matter of fact I remember vividly a lot of people upset when Epcot opened in 1982 and was serving it back in the World Showcase.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    The only way I can think of where they may have even gotten this idea is the presence of Club 33 in Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, which does serve alcohol. However, it is not accessible by the general public...members and their guests only.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    I do believe it was the Biergarten - or something like that - in Germany that sold it. It was "Oktoberfest" all the time there haha
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I do believe it was the Biergarten - or something like that - in Germany that sold it. It was "Oktoberfest" all the time there haha
    Yep but that's Epcot where alcohol has always been served. No alcohol in the MK though.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    I think it's good that they don't serve alcohol in the MK - it really promotes the family-friendly feel of the park!
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Actually, alcohol has been served in the Magic Kingdom at WDW - but only during after hours special events.

I have a picture of one of my friends holding a can of Heineken in Liberty Square. This was during the first 999 Happy Haunts Ball back in 2002.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2 View Post
    Actually, alcohol has been served in the Magic Kingdom at WDW - but only during after hours special events.

I have a picture of one of my friends holding a can of Heineken in Liberty Square. This was during the first 999 Happy Haunts Ball back in 2002.
    That was just what I was wondering about, those special events where some giant corporation rents out the park for a night, i suspected that might have been an Exception, also perhaps for special invited attendees at some press events would be another case where I would wonder if they might also make an exception.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    The only time it seemed odd to me that the MK doesn't serve alcohol was in Cinderella's Castle on my honeymoon when they gave us two beautiful free champagne flutes - and I was drinking diet coke! Not quite the same, really.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed