Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss birthdays at disney world in the Ask The Experts forums; We are thinking about going to Disney World and celebrating my son's birthday. We would like some suggestions on how to celebrate? Also, how much extra would it be to ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Exclamation birthdays at disney world

We are thinking about going to Disney World and celebrating my son's birthday. We would like some suggestions on how to celebrate? Also, how much extra would it be to get a cake delivered to our table at a restaurant or to our room? Do the resorts do anything special for birthdays?

Thanks for your help.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Some ideas:
    Children's Birthday Ideas

DO:
    -Mention it's your child's birthday when booking your room reservations, any ADRs, any tours, etc.
    -Get him a Birthday button in each park & have him wear it
    -Keep in mind mentioning his bday and wearing the button will NOT guarantee your son special treatment

As far as the cake, you can order through your hotel's concierge I believe, directly from one of the bakeries, or through the restaurant you'll be eating. I have never done it, but I know people who have ordered through the BoardWalk Baery for example.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

You can make him a special shirt that says "Today's My Birthday" with his favorite character on it. And everyone else can wear shirts that say "We're with the birthday boy".

CM's and guest will yell Happy Birthday to him. Some maybe even call him "prince"

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    their is a line you can call and get a cake brung to you resturant.. the one we ordered was cute and small just perfect and it was like $13 i think or something like that..

chef mickey is the place to party at for a bday.. thats where we did our daughters 1st bday and we had a blast!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    -Get him a Birthday button in each park & have him wear it
    Be advised that since the YoaMD started, all four parks have the same birthday button. No reason you can't get one from all four parks anyway, of course, just be aware that you'll be getting four different copies of the same button. FWIW, Downtown Disney still has a unique button of their own, as I discovered on my 2007 birthday trip.

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Our youngest had her birthday when we were there in October 2006. I told the person the day I made all of our ADRs. At every restaurant, for what seemed like the whole trip, she got an extra-special cupcake!! Very sweet!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    On my son's first trip to the world we planned it so it fell right between my birthday and his. So, we told the folks when we made our reservations that it was our birthdays. We came back to our room after our first day in the parks and found balloons and cards for each of us. I had a card from Cinderella with her picture and her Autograph (in silver ink - nice touch) and Aaron had a card from Mickey with his picture and his Autograph. It was a nice touch.

I know a few folks here actually came back to gifts in their room. Disney toys etc. It really all depends on the resort, the mousekeeper and what they have available to them.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Yup. I got a "signed" card from Mickey and some balloons in my room the evening of my birthday. :-)

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We just celebrated my sons 9th birthday at Disney the beginning of February. We got him one of the pins and he wore it the whole weekend. Many CM's wished him a happy bday. A CM from the restaurant at the American Adventure at Epcot gave him a rice krispie treat in the shape of Mickey. We also got to be the first family at the American Adventure. The CM who introduces the show introduced us as the First Family and also told everyone it was my sons bday and would everyone wish him a happy birthday. My son was embarrassed to have 300 people telling him happy birthday but he enjoyed it. Check out DisneyFlorist.com They have all kinds of baskets you can order and they will deliver them to your room. We did that. It was cool. He also got balloons and a card from Mickey. It ended up being a great weekend. Now I want to go for my birthday.

I'll bet all the money in my pocket that was Lonnie, who's been on Lou's show in the past. I've seen him introduce the First Family at AA many times before. :-)

How would I be able to get a signed card for my son for his birthday? Who do I need to contact or let know? or where do I go?

I would just make sure it's noted on your hotel reservation. If you didn't tell the CM when you made it, just call back and ask the CM to place a note on your reservation that your son's birthday is whichever day. That's all I did, I didn't ask for anything in particular.

You could, of course, be more direct... when you check in, specifically ask the CM at the desk if there's anything they can put in your room on that day. I honestly have no idea what the response would be, as I've never asked anything like that.

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    What a wonderful place to celebrat a birthday!

A couple other ideas:

You can order a neat birthday basket from Disney Florists to have delivered to your room: Disney Florists

There are also other companies that deliver treats/baskets as well, but I have always used Disney Florists.

Like others said, you can order a birthday cake. Cake Hotline: 407-827-2253 and you need to give them at least 48 hours notice (or you can contact room service at your resort). If you would like a cake brought out during your dinner, you can place that request on your ADR (just remind them at the podium when you check in).

We've done the birthday button and it is great. Often times, you get stickers or simple "Happy Birthdays" from various CMs. I know my daughter got a kick out of that.

Have a t-shirt made that says "Today is My Birthday" or something to that effect - or "Suzy's Birthday with the Mouse"

Have a meal at Crystal Palace - Winnie the Pooh usually has a Birthday Parade. Simple, but fun for kids.

Have a terrific time!!

A birthday parade? Sounds like lots of fun! How can i find out more about that??

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Birthday Parade is very simple. Pooh Bear (well, his 'friends') invite those who are celebrating their birthdays to follow him around the room to his special birthday music. Once you are seated you can check with your server to see if they have one coming up.

Also, when you check in for your ADRs, be sure to mention the birthday. Even though it may be noted, it is really easy to miss.
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast