Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss International Girl Scout week in the Ask The Experts forums; Since next week in International Girls Scout week, does Disney do anything for that? I would think it would a great thing in Epcot. We will be there next week ...
    sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!

International Girl Scout week

Since next week in International Girls Scout week, does Disney do anything for that? I would think it would a great thing in Epcot. We will be there next week and my daughter is a brownie.... just thought I would ask! Please let me know if the do something for it.

Thanks
    5 days to go till we are there!!!!!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    I've been wondering about that too. I'm a Cadette. I will have to do research or ask my council rep. if Disney does anything. Maybe any CM on here might know?

PM me if u have like any questions about the different levels i have been in Girl Scouts for 8 years
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

Disneymomto6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    As a girl scout leader and a huge fan of Disney, I'm unaware of Disney doing anything special for Girl Scout week. I have on the other hand used Disney's Y.E.S program to bring 2 cadette troops to Disney for a week. We went in August one year and once in June. If you would like any info on that, please feel free to PM me.
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    You would think it would be a great thing at Epcot world showcase. How cool would Minnie be in a Girl Scout or Brownie outfit. They really should promote it as it is a very cultural thing

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

I could definetly see a lot of possibilites with it. Something similar to what they do at Christmas with the the different stories of Christmas. How scouts are in different countries.... HUM
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs

In 2 Years im going to Switzerland with my troop.

Now that is very cool! Where are you going to see while you are there and what kind of fundraisers have you and your troop talked about doing?
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymomto6 View Post
    Now that is very cool! Where are you going to see while you are there and what kind of fundraisers have you and your troop talked about doing?
    so far we have done cookie sales, hogie sales, recipe jars, and the nut nd candy sales. we are currently planning an event fundraiser for daisies brownies and juniors in our service unit. While at switzerland we will be hiking, trying new foods, exploring the area that Our Chalet is in and meeting new people and learning new songs. Every night there is going to be a Bon fire too which will be fun. here is the site

World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts - Welcome

then we are planning to go to England, Mexico, and India to visit those world centers.

Quote Originally Posted by vmkplayer View Post
    so far we have done cookie sales, hogie sales, recipe jars, and the nut nd candy sales. we are currently planning an event fundraiser for daisies brownies and juniors in our service unit. While at switzerland we will be hiking, trying new foods, exploring the area that Our Chalet is in and meeting new people and learning new songs. Every night there is going to be a Bon fire too which will be fun. here is the site

World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts - Welcome

then we are planning to go to England, Mexico, and India to visit those world centers.

You gals have lofty goals and thats wonderful to see. How big is your troop? My daughters Cadette troop has 8 which is not such a bad size when you are traveling. I'm the travel agent in the group, so we the girls decide where and when they want to go, I come pack with the budget, and than the fun begins.

My other daughter's troop, who will be Cadette's next year, are going to Disney in June, so we have begun the fundraising process for that trip as well.

So how do you gals stay motivated, and, or how does your leader keep you motivated? I think that is the million dollar question.
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I think it would be so neat for Disney to do something special during Internation Girl Scout week. Maybe they stay away from doing something for it since it is spring break season?

I was a scout my whole life, and a Gold Award and Silver Award Recepiant. I have been to Cali, England, Mexico and all along the east coast with my troop! I loved being in Girl Scouts and loved even more getting scholarships for college because I was a girl scout! Let's just say, having over 3,000+ community service hours under your belt sure comes in handy!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymomto6 View Post
    You gals have lofty goals and thats wonderful to see. How big is your troop? My daughters Cadette troop has 8 which is not such a bad size when you are traveling. I'm the travel agent in the group, so we the girls decide where and when they want to go, I come pack with the budget, and than the fun begins.

My other daughter's troop, who will be Cadette's next year, are going to Disney in June, so we have begun the fundraising process for that trip as well.

So how do you gals stay motivated, and, or how does your leader keep you motivated? I think that is the million dollar question.
    my troop has 8 girls in it. How we stay motivated.. well our service unit used to have a group called the International Patrol. that group split up. the girls who were in it last year didnt get to go because they didnt reach their goals. We want to go really bad that we are all dedicated. We will do mostly anything we can to get enough money to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post
    I think it would be so neat for Disney to do something special during Internation Girl Scout week. Maybe they stay away from doing something for it since it is spring break season?

I was a scout my whole life, and a Gold Award and Silver Award Recepiant. I have been to Cali, England, Mexico and all along the east coast with my troop! I loved being in Girl Scouts and loved even more getting scholarships for college because I was a girl scout! Let's just say, having over 3,000+ community service hours under your belt sure comes in handy!
    my troop is working on our silver award also. we all have earned our bronze awards. since i have started community service a few years ago i have over 60 hours, from doing day camps, helping in the community, clothing drives, and soo much more. I am also going to do my gold once i finish my silver.
    Tonight at our meeting we were talking about our silver award and idea's to do it. But i go solo for major projects like this. It's just much easier.

My daughter is working on her silver award as well. For her bronze award she make gift bags for the kids at Give Kids the World and in them she put items she collected from DVC members on other boards that I am on.

For her silver award she is working on collecting items for a horse rescue place that she volunteers at.

My junior girl scout is working on her bronze award now and will receive it in May.

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your girl scout experience.
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs

for my silver i am going to help children and orphans.im going to have a childrens clothes drive and re do a room at like a childrens hospital, or like a shelter and hang up the clothes and re organize the room.but first i have to porpose my idea to the places i will be going too. so yea i have a lot of work to do

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    Ok this has nothing to do with the question or Disney for that matter but I figure I'd ask cause there are so many girl scout people here and it has been bugging me for years now.

I'm 16 and I use to be a girl scout and my troup kind got shoved in other ways so we all had to get new groups. I never got a new one because the person that was suppose to get me one hated my mom. I still have my outfit. and I was going to the next level. I was woundering if I could go back into Girl scouts after like about 7 years? becuase I really did love it.

yay I know that had nothing to do with Disney please forgive me.
    I just need to know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast