Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss El Pirata Y el Perico??? in the Ask The Experts forums; So, for my past five or six trips over the past eight years or so, I've managed to avoid the busy times of year, going in early May, late August, ...
    Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

El Pirata Y el Perico???

So, for my past five or six trips over the past eight years or so, I've managed to avoid the busy times of year, going in early May, late August, or early November. I used to LOVE El Pirata Y el Perico, but because its only opened seasonally, I haven't been in years...this year I'll be in the World for two weeks from August 6th....does anyone know if it will open at this time?

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I don't think I ever saw this restaurant not open so maybe it's no longer seasonal. That said, if it is, I'd imagine in August it'd be open since that's peak season.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    It's always been open when I've been there.

Doesn't show it as being closed on here. Rehabs and Closings Schedule at Disney World
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    When I was there in January it was closed but like you said it's seasonal, but it should be open in August.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

pink_minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    When we went last month, on the Showtimes and Park Hours Form (usually beside Guidemaps throughout the park) it said that it was only open for lunch! I think it was open from 11am until 3pm, but I would double check on this when you head to the Magic Kingdom. My brother LOVES El Pirata y El Perico and was a bit upset that we missed it. Good luck!
    "When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
    - Walt Disney

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Im always there in value season so I always miss it as well. It is my favorite counterservice in the MK. Great Taco Salad! I always have to settle for Columbia Harbour House.

I don't think I've ever eaten there - what type of food do they serve?
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I ate there for the first time last September. I'd been looking forward to it. But, even though the taco salad was good, the tortilla bowl it came in tasted like it was a week old - ewww!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    We ate there in May last year and was back in October and January and it was closed. I love the tacos there. Food was really good!!! Hopefully it'll be open in May again.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean Lady View Post
    I don't think I've ever eaten there - what type of food do they serve?
    Basically mexican, check the menu on Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.