Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Contemporary Resort in the Ask The Experts forums; Is there anywhere you can get something quick to eat and drink even though there is construction at the Contemprorary resort?...
    TARABLUE6 is offline A-Ticket holder

Contemporary Resort

Is there anywhere you can get something quick to eat and drink even though there is construction at the Contemprorary resort?
    A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    On the 4th floor by Chef Mickeys they have a grab and go food stand.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    It used to be right behind the check-in-desk (a huuuuge arcade and food court). I've stayed at the Contemporary 12 out of the 13 times I've been to WDW, and the food court is great! The food is really yummy, and fairly well priced. My favorite breakfast food there is the egg/cheese croissant, their grilled cheese is really good and the mickey shaped rice krispee treats - are all soo good. Now, it has since been relocated to the fourth floor. The fourth floor (aka Grand Concourse Station on the monorail) can be accessed by exiting the monorail at the Contemporary, and going down the exit escalator. You will be in a little area that then opens up to a few shops, restaurants (Chef Mickey for example) and now the Grab 'n' go food stop!

Hope this all helps!
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    On the 4th floor by Chef Mickeys they have a grab and go food stand.

The "grab and go" food option is calle Tempo Grab and Go which is a nifty tribute to the history of the hotel, you see the name of the resort was not supposed to be "The Contemporary" that was actually a description of the style they were going for but to distingish it from the other projects that were going on at the time they had to call it SOMETHING for a working title so of the hotels they were working on this was "the contemporary one" well the "working title" made it onto some of the plans, and from there they made it onto some of the earliest pre-opening merchandise sold at the preview center (the preview center opened in Jan. 1970), later in spring of 1971 some of the preview merchandise was printed with the name they finally decided on "TEMPO BAY RESORT HOTEL" , well I'm not sure of the EXACT reason, perhaps the name contemporary was on so many documents that related to the hotel that it would have been difficult to change, or perhaps the folks doing the planning and work were so used to the title that when they heard the "new name" they said why change we like the Contemporary for a name, but however it happened the decision to call it the Tempo Bay was short-lived and within a few months the preview center merchandise had reverted to the Contemporary Resort name that the hotel eventually opened under.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

TARABLUE6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    That is very interesting!! I know so much about the disney parks but not a whole lot about the hotels, only the all star music resort so I love learning everything I can about disney!!
    A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes