Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney Dining Plan question in the Ask The Experts forums; We are going to WDW from April 17 - 25 and have a question about the Disney Dining Plan, specifically the "snack" portion of the plan. What counts as a ...
    rfblais1968 is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Dining Plan question

We are going to WDW from April 17 - 25 and have a question about the Disney Dining Plan, specifically the "snack" portion of the plan. What counts as a snack. I understand it is for items like popcorn, soda and ice cream, but are there limitations? Can we get the popcorn in a souvenir cup or a we limited to a small popcorn? Can we get the famous Dole Whip, or maybe a Turkey Leg (or is this a counter service item?)

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
    April 2008 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    August 2006 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    April 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    June 2004 - Beach Club
    May 2002 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    May 2001 - All Star Sports
    October 2000- Carribean Beach Resort
    July 1994 - Dixie Landings
    May 1993 - Off Site

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    In general, almost everything that costs $4 or less can be purchased with a Snack Credit (though there are exceptions in both directions). As you're walking around, you'll see a purple-and-white DDP sticker on menu items that you can use a Snack Credit for.

I think Disboards had a thread that people keep updating with the current list of available snack options. Let me see if I can find it, and I'll post another reply...

Here it is: 2007 and prior**Confirmed Snacks included in Dining Plan/add yours here** - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

So to answer your specific questions, both the Dole Whip and Dole Whip Float are valid Snack options, but the Turkey Legs are not (I know those cost $5.75), and it doesn't look like either popcorn option is available either.

Edit: Here's the 2008 thread: 2008 Confirmed Snacks included in the Dining Plan - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com
    Last edited by mritty; 03-10-2008 at 08:13 PM.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I was able to use my snack credit for breakfast at the bakery at POR.
    Bagel and cream cheese was good start to the day when I had sit down lunch planned.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm a huge "foodie" and going to The World during Free Dining for the third year in a row. In the past, I have used some of my snack credits at the Food & Wine Festival Booths. But, honestly, last year the choices just didn't jazz me up (plus I was sooo full from F&W Seminars). So, I've been looking at other options for using my credits.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the cheese stuffed pretzels at the Lunching Pad are considered a snack option. How about the breadsticks at Pizzafari?

BTW - this year, for (I think) the first time, most of the pastries at Boulangerie in France qualify as snack credits. Yay!!! (Napoleon = yummy!)

Take a look at the first link I posted above - both the cheese pretzles and the breadsticks were snack options last year. That doesn't necessarily mean they are this year too, but I'd say it's a good bet.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Here's a good site with all the latest Dining Plan news on it:

Magic Your Way Dining Plan - 2008 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney