Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Cinderella Castle Suite in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey I didn't know where to ask this or if it had been asked before; but I was wondering what they plan on doing with the Cinderella Suite after this ...
    bcmom323 is offline A-Ticket holder

Cinderella Castle Suite

Hey I didn't know where to ask this or if it had been asked before; but I was wondering what they plan on doing with the Cinderella Suite after this year's promotion? Will they continue to use it for special guests, or will you be able to book it for an outrageous rate, or will it be used as an accomidation for programs like Make A Wish? Just curious.

Amanda

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I don't know for sure but I would imagine after they put all that money into the suite that they could profit by continuing to use it......and we all know Disney loves a profit.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

kdavis is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know the golden rule is to take what you hear from cast members with a grain of salt, but I thought I'd share what I heard last year...

My wife and I took a "Keys to the Kingdom" tour last Fall and someone in our group asked this same question. Our guide - a wonderful older lady whose name I have, unfortunately, forgotten - told us this...

First off, she said that her job - in addition to working in Guest Relations and doing tours - was also as a Concierge for guests staying in the Castle Suite. She went on and on about how nice it was and how much fun she had working with people who had won a night in the suite. It was clear that she absolutely loved her job, loved Disney and cared passionately about "preserving the magic" (toward the end of the tour, in fact, when we were in the utilidors under Main Street, she went on a mini-rant against Google Maps and other online sites that showed aerial views of the parks, showing backstage areas.)

Anyway, she said that, after the promotion, the suite would only be used as a "giveaway" and that the company would never make a cent off of the suite. She said that it would be used for "Make a Wish" type guests and other charity purposes, but would never be offered for sale.

She told us (as I think we've heard online before) that the company has turned down celebrities offering to pay large sums of money to stay there and that it was their intent to not monetize such a magical facility.