Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW Restuarants in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi. I am going to the World in September and my family and I can't decide where to eat. I have two younger sisters one that's 6 and one thats ...
    PickelBOY47 is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW Restuarants

Hi. I am going to the World in September and my family and I can't decide where to eat. I have two younger sisters one that's 6 and one thats 2, so it would be better if it was more of a family-oriented restuarant. We already have Cinderella's Royal Table and Le Cellier' booked. Thanks so much!!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    You might want to check out the menus on Deb's AllEarsnet This way you can choose restaurants that serve what everyone likes.

Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

I wouldn't pick too many character meals since you have a 2 year old with you. They sometimes are afraid of the characters making it hard for the 6 year old to have a good time.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace (super fun buffet with the Pooh characters)
    Epcot: Coral Reef, to look at all the fishes!!
    Studios: Hands down, Sci Fi Diner. This is one of the best themed restaurants on property, and the food is very kid friendly. Definitely cool for the whole family
    Animal Kingdom: Rainforest Cafe or Yak and Yeti are the only sit down options, Y&Y might be a little too exotic for the little ones, but the Cafe is great; for counter service Pizzafari is awesomely themed and decorated and the food is great!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Crystal Palace at MK...great experience all-around!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    First thing that popped into my mind was Chef Mickey's over at the Contemporary resort, but if you don't want to leave the parks, I would also recommend Crystal Palace and the Sci-Fi Dine In.

Most kids also love the Rainforest Cafe as long as they're not afraid of thunder and lightening effects.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    They might also have fun at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. I know when I was that age at Disney I had fun no matter where I was, but the character dinners were always a plus. Have fun on your vacation!

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I will have to cast a vote for Chef Mickey's. It is just a short hop on the Monorail to get to the Contemporary from the MK and kids usually love this one.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    When my nieces where near those ages they LOVED Ohana's - it is great family style and a lot of FUN!

When we had them at that age the other places we went and have already mentioned include (sit down) Crystal Palace, Cinderella's, Chef Mickey's, Prime Time 50's, Teppan Edo (They liked the cooking in front of them). (Counter service) Pinnochio's, Electric Umbrella, Beaches and Cream (We sat outside), Pizzafari, and Backlot Express.

Good luck getting everything planned and priority seating!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Chef Mickeys is a great character breakfast! If you're looking for a regular meal, try Electric Umbrella. They have great food and it's pretty cheap. Plus it's pretty cool with the light up umbrellas. They make the BEST hamburgers in the World (at least they did in 2005) (and i'm not talking about WDW!)

Have fun on your trip!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge can be a great experience. My children want to go back to there on their next trip.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    One of my favorite restaurants is The Plaza Restaurant at MK. I think it's kind of a hidden gem - easy to overlook, but the food is really good.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace (super fun buffet with the Pooh characters)
    Epcot: Coral Reef, to look at all the fishes!!
    Studios: Hands down, Sci Fi Diner. This is one of the best themed restaurants on property, and the food is very kid friendly. Definitely cool for the whole family
    Animal Kingdom: Rainforest Cafe or Yak and Yeti are the only sit down options, Y&Y might be a little too exotic for the little ones, but the Cafe is great; for counter service Pizzafari is awesomely themed and decorated and the food is great!
    FWIW, we liked the 50s Prime Time Cafe better than SciFi - just ask for a "fun" cousin. I thought the SciFi was a bit dark, the movies were a distraction and the food was just OK. At 50s PTC, the adults and kids alike get the same rules...no elbows on the table, eat your veggies, etc. When I spilled my drink, I got my replacement in a sippy cup. LOL Plus you order dessert by looking into a Viewmaster. How cool is that!

Also, there is another option at DAK not mentioned above. Tusker HOuse is now a sit down restaurant. Think "Boma Lite"

I also vote for Chef Mickey's. A must do for our first meal at WDW. Then we head over to the beach at the Poly to watch Wishes and the lighted boat parade.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Well, for the girls, breakfast with Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tigger and Pooh is great and the Mary Poppins photo op is great, so I'd say Park Fare at the Grand Floridian, buffet style breakfast with lots of great options and really fun charcters.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Well, for the girls, breakfast with Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tigger and Pooh is great and the Mary Poppins photo op is great, so I'd say Park Fare at the Grand Floridian, buffet style breakfast with lots of great options and really fun charcters.
    And, the food is gooood! Eggs Benedict - yummy! Strawberry soup - yummy, yummy!