Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Dole Whips & waits in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi, I will be going on my first Disney trip next week. I want to know what are "Dole Whips"? Also, I have read that you have to wait in ...
    jallen is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Dole Whips & waits

Hi,
    I will be going on my first Disney trip next week. I want to know what are "Dole Whips"?

Also, I have read that you have to wait in long lines even to get snacks?? Is

The lines at Aloha Isle where you buy the Dole Whips can get pretty long!

Dole Whip is a soft serve frozen dessert. It comes in different flavors...it is available chocolate, vanilla, pineapple, or swirl.

You can get them as a float. My favorite is pineapple Dole Whip in pineapple juice! DELICIOUS!!!!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Dole Whip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That does a pretty good job of explaining what it is, but I must add that it is imperative you try one! lol

According to touringplans.com the crowd levels are mostly 9's and 10's next week, so be prepared to deal with large volumes of people for most of the things in the park including lines for snacks. Be sure to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, and also fastpasses are a must. If you are uncertain about either, feel free to ask how they work Have a great trip!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Keep in mind if the lines are crazy at the Magic Kingdom for dole whips, the Polynesian's food court also sells dole whips. They are the same as the ones at the Magic Kingdom just without the wait.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I stood in line on Monday and got my Dole Whip Float in a few minutes. Hopefully it won't be too long for you either!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

(drooling) I LOVE dole whips!! My favorite is the pineapple and vanilla swirl.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I love the Pineapple in Pineapple with a pineapple spear! During Thanksgiving week, my family rode the Flying Carpets. As they got in line, I went for a Dole Whip. I was back in timeto see them get in their carpet and take pictures!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    thanks you guys now im going into the kitchen to puree some pineapple and get out the mixer and attempt to make some dole whips!
    haha
    i wish there was a way wdw mail order could send one!
    ha

and when we are there in january there has never been anyone in line ahead of us but there always seems to be a mob sitting across the path eating them
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    They are tasty. I can't take just one bite. It was actually Adam who got one...I just managed to mooch most of it
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Dole whips are fantastic! In my opinion, it's one of my MUST HAVE things when I go to disney world. Another must do is a hamburger at Electric Umbrella (at epcot) and my son's favorites are churros and funnel cake.

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by kylewhit89 View Post
    thanks you guys now im going into the kitchen to puree some pineapple and get out the mixer and attempt to make some dole whips!
    haha
    i wish there was a way wdw mail order could send one!
    ha

and when we are there in january there has never been anyone in line ahead of us but there always seems to be a mob sitting across the path eating them
    You can buy the mix online to make them. I don't know the exact website so you might have to do some googling but on another board they were talking about how you could buy the mix to make at home. Might involve an ice cream machine though.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by catiebug View Post
    You can buy the mix online to make them. I don't know the exact website so you might have to do some googling but on another board they were talking about how you could buy the mix to make at home. Might involve an ice cream machine though.
    Now that is a great idea!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I love the Pineapple in Pineapple with a pineapple spear!
    That's the best way to do it!! No need to dilute the pineappley goodness with any other flavors!!!

well...maybe i'd dilute it with some capt morgan
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ok just did a search. please forgive me for linking to another site I really didn't want to.

Inside the Magic, hosted by Ricky Brigante - Disney News, Disney Reviews, Disney Contests, and more great Disney stuff!
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!
    I was a dole whip virgin until last week and omg are they amazing! I'm so glad I found out about them on here before I went down there!
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast