Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Birthday button in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi All, Were going across to WDW for our annual holiday on the 24th April for 2 weeks staying at Pop But my wifes Birthday will be the week before ...
    paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder

Birthday button

Hi All, Were going across to WDW for our annual holiday on the 24th April for 2 weeks staying at PopBut my wifes Birthday will be the week before we go and me and the kids really wanted to get her a b,day button. Will they still give her one even if its a week late??? And if yes is the town hall at Mk the place to go,Thanks in advance paul

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by paul mex View Post
    Hi All, Were going across to WDW for our annual holiday on the 24th April for 2 weeks staying at PopBut my wifes Birthday will be the week before we go and me and the kids really wanted to get her a b,day button. Will they still give her one even if its a week late??? And if yes is the town hall at Mk the place to go,Thanks in advance paul
    Just be sure to bring her birth certificate because they do ask for proof.

No, they will give a button to any one even if the birthday is months away.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    My mom picked up a birthday pin months before my birthday because we weren't going to be there for my big day. They didn't seem to mind.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    All you have to do is say you are celebrating her birthday. They won't check the date or ask for proof.

Enjoy your trip!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You can get the button at any of the guest relations at any of the parks. They also have them at Downtown Disney. I have also heard that you can get them at your hotel, but I have never personally tried at the hotel.

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    You can get them at the hotel. My brothers, sister in law and I went to the World in 06 as my 40th birthday celebration and even though my birthday was 2 weeks after our trip, we got a button no problem.

disneydame is right, just say you're "celebrating her birthday" and it'll be fine.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Like others said, they don't check or mind if it is not the actual birthday!
    But when we were there this past July, it was our oldest DD's Sweet 16.
    We did get a birthday button at the front desk of our resort (All Star Music), & then later, I went back to the concierge desk & told the young lady there on what day that it would be her birthday & she said that she would take care of it. I didn't exactly know what that meant at first, but was soon to find out!
    when we took a break to go back to the resort for a bit the afternoon of her special day, there was a big surprise in the room!
    There were balloons, 1/2 dozen red roses, some keychains, a Minnie Mouse plush, a card from Cinderella & a couple of other things that I can't remember off the top of my head!!!
    It was crazy!!!!!
    And we didn't pay a thing extra for ANY of it!!!
    I don't know if talkin' to someone at the concierge desk will do that for everyone, but it can't hurt, and it OBVIOUSLY worked for us!!!
    The other VERY cool part, that I don't want to leave out is, that morning when we were waiting at the front of the line at MK for rope drop, a cast member (an older gentleman) noticed our DD's button and asked her how OLD she was, and when she told him, he stepped up on something & got the whole crowds attention. There were at least 300-400 people behind us!
    He told them that it was her Sweet 16 & had the whole crowd sing happy birthday to her!!! She was blown away!!!!! I have it on video!!!
    I guess the bottom line is...
    If YOU make a big deal out of it, THEY'LL probably make a bigger deal out of it than they normally do!!!
    Anyway, happy birthday to your wife & have a BLAST!!!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    When I got my grandpa one last December, the CM asked if I wanted one. Although I was tempted, I told her that I would wait until I'm there on my birthday. I thought that was nice of her though.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow Thanks for all the replys ,I dont think she would take to kindly to 200+ people singing Happy Birthday to her tho (she,s quite shy) Will ask at the hotel when we get there and see what they say? As you say it dosnt hurt to ask)
    Thanks again Paul