Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Animal Kingdom's Dinosaur Attraction in the Ask The Experts forums; I had a question. I have gotten into a debate with someone who claims to be a "Disney expert" about the Dinosaur attraction at Animal Kingdom. Someone asked how big ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Animal Kingdom's Dinosaur Attraction

I had a question. I have gotten into a debate with someone who claims to be a "Disney expert" about the Dinosaur attraction at Animal Kingdom. Someone asked how big the drops were in the ride and they said they were POTC size and I said they were small but not "true" drops in the sence of Splash Mountain and POTC and that it was just the sensation of dropping that was programed into the motion of the car and that the ground in the ride is actualy level during the rides duration. This is what I've always been told about the ride, that the car is programed to give the illusion of drops, driving over rocks, tight turns, ect and that there are no real drops. Of course, they don't beleive me.

Are there really drops in the ride or is it just the car simulationg the sensation of falling?
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    If I remember correctly I believe your car does go down an incline at one point, but I don't really consider that a drop. Although I could be wrong! Lol, what help am I? Maybe you should ask Matt Hochberg!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    I have ridden it several times over the years & have seen it on the Disney behind the scenes special on the Travel Channel a few times.
    To the best of my knowledge there is not a single actual "drop" during the entire ride.
    It is all programed into the ride vehicle.
    Hope that helps!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Definitely during the ride what you are feeling is the ride car itself moving up and down - similar to what happens in the Pooh ride, during the Tigger scene. The car pivots to give the illusion of jumping or going over rocks and trees, etc. The one "drop" may be at the end, when the massive meat-eater lurches out at you, but this may be an illusion as well...its no where NEAR Splash though. Not even PotC. I wouldn't call it a drop.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Yeah, I was thinking the little decline was near that part where the t-rex lunges toward you, but I'm not sure either, could be just the vehicle...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yeah If I remember right there is an "accelerated downhill" part at the end of the ride, but I really wouldn't consider it a "drop". But I guess others could. You might both be right.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I don't think it drops much, if it drops at all...although your stomarch might drop a bit!

firedragon589 is offline A-Ticket holder
    if i remember, its the same layout as the indiana jones ride. in that ride you do go up a hill (if u watch a vid of it at one point you see another car above you). I think (but don't quote me on this) during the 1st time travel part you go slightly up hill while at the end when the t-rex lunges at you, you go back down. not 100% sure though, and if this is completly wrong (and it possibly could be) they do a really good job of fooling people.