Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Orlando Fun Tickets???? in the Ask The Experts forums; Has anyone ever purchased tickets from this site???? I am extremely wary as I have such a fear of buying these tickets, getting to the park only to realize there ...
    DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Orlando Fun Tickets????

Has anyone ever purchased tickets from this site???? I am extremely wary as I have such a fear of buying these tickets, getting to the park only to realize there are NO days on them at all.

Also, does this sound too good to be true?? Am I understanding it correctly as that if I purchase this 3 day...that I will in fact be shipped a 5 day pass???

Thanks for all of your help!!

Here's the ticket discount...

***Adult 3 Day Magic Your Way Park Hopper Ticket w/Free Upgrade to 5-day Park Hopper*

Description: ADULT (ages 10 & above): 3 Days (WITH 2 EXTRA DAYS FREE for a total of 5-Days) of Unlimited Admissions to ALL 4 Disney Theme Parks: Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ & Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park with the Freedom to visit all of these parks and places on the same day (park hopping), use of Walt Disney World® Transportation and expires 14 days after the first day of use.

Our Discount Price: 246.88
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou recommends them both on his site and on his podcast, and that's good enough for me to order from them for August.

As for the "five for 3" deal, that's clever marketing. They're giving you a 5 day pass at a 3 day pass price. Sounds really great, until you remember Disney's front-loaded ticket pricing. A five day pass is a whopping $12 more than a three day pass. ($276.90 vs $264.12). But yes, the $246 price for a 5 day park hopper is a substantial savings, and is why I'll be going with them above MapleLeaf and UndercoverTourist this summer.
    Last edited by mritty; 03-17-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: using PH prices rather than base ticket

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Ok my wife is a complete and total non believer in these authorized sellers. How many of you out there have used these dealers and which ones? I'm sitting here just getting ready to make the call to undercovertourist to buy tickets and she is freaking out about using these vendors.

Can anyone provide me with stories, positive or negative, and help me to alleviate her fears so I can order these tickets and save a few bucks.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Ok my wife is a complete and total non believer in these authorized sellers. How many of you out there have used these dealers and which ones? I'm sitting here just getting ready to make the call to undercovertourist to buy tickets and she is freaking out about using these vendors.

Can anyone provide me with stories, positive or negative, and help me to alleviate her fears so I can order these tickets and save a few bucks.
    she's right to be wary, there are alot of bad ticket agents out there (and never buy them on e-bay) but these 2 particular companies I believe to be reputable. As Mritty said Orlando Fun Tickets are a site that Lou reccomends and this is from his podcast page....
    "
    OrlandoFunTickets.com, is an authorized and official full-service ticket and vacations provider for Walt Disney World with the lowest prices on discount Disney tickets.
    Our service, reliability and convenience have made us the number one Disney ticket company in the area, and we are proud to operate the largest and most luxurious vacation center in Orlando. With our volume buying power, we pass these savings to our customers along with the highest level of service and product offerings."
    Undercover tourist is recommeded I believe by mousesavers, so I would consider them both reputable sites. Also if you have AAA you can get a discount on tickets from them
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post

Since they are in fact "authorized" resellers, I wonder if Disney would be able to confirm that in any way. I wonder if you could call 407-WDISNEY and ask the CM who answers about them? Might be worth a try, if it would assuage her fears...

What about undercovertourist.com? I get the mousesavers newsletter and they recommend undercovertourist, which also claims to be an authorized discount dealer.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Right your are, mritty! I do recommend OFT and have used them in the past with great success. The 5 for 3 promotion right now is an awesome deal (and I believe the same promo is still going on for Disneyland as well!)

Just to be clear, I do not endorse or allow anyone to advertise with me that I have not personally used and done extensive research on, and OFT is certainly no exception. I have bought form them, visited their offices, and met with the owner and principals of the company. It was only after a great deal of due diligence that I began to work with and recommend them. They still have my highest recommendation, and many members of the site and listeners of the show have used them with great success and satisfaction.

As for other I won't speak about any specifically, I have no issues with UCT specifically having never personally used them, but the one thing to be aware of is that UCT is based in the UK which is not immediately clear from the web site, and while that doesn’t necessarily present an issue, it is something to be aware of in case there is a problem. The Florida office they list on the site is about 500 miles from WDW.

The OrlandoFunTickets office and ticket center is located less than 2 miles from WDW. Tickets can not only be picked up from there, but if there is ever an issue, you can go there and have it taken care of in person. They can and will also deliver tickets to your hotel by one of their customer service reps if there is some type of problem, you need new tickets, they didn’t arrive on time, etc. And much like UCT, OrlandoFunTickets partners directly with Disney as they stated on the show. And while you can pick up tickets from UCT, it is NOT at their office, but at a UPS Store location near Universal Studios. You cannot walk in and buy tickets, nor are tickets available for same-day purchase.

Again, this is not to say that UCT is not a good vendor. I must stress that I do not know them at all and cannot speak to anything about them from a personal level. I’m sure they are one of many reputable, reliable ticket vendors in the area, and am sure you will not have any problems with them.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 03-19-2008 at 04:26 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Lou, I appreciate you taking the time to clarify and give me the go ahead that all will be well. Thanks again
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post

As for other I won't speak about any specifically, I have no issues with UCT specifically having never personally used them, but the one thing to be aware of is that UCT is based in the UK which is not immediately clear from the web site, and while that doesn’t necessarily present an issue, it is something to be aware of in case there is a problem. The Florida office they list on the site is about 500 miles from WDW.

Again, this is not to say that UCT is not a good vendor. I must stress that I do not know them at all and cannot speak to anything about them from a personal level. I’m sure they are one of many reputable, reliable ticket vendors in the area, and am sure you will not have any problems with them.
    Yes, Thank you Lou! I had no idea UTC was a UK based company. Once again you prove why you are the master and we are but humble Padawan learners.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    LOL to Ohio's last line and little animated peeps! :::makes lightsabre humming sound:::

I'm glad to see that Lou chimed in on this because I'm heading to WDW in November (first time in two years!) and am considering buying my tickets from a broker. My aunt has successfully used Undercover Tourist in the past. I don't know anyone who has used Maple Leaf Tickets, not anyone who has used Orlando Fun Tickets. However, if Lou has faith in them, then I guess I'll have faith in 'em, too. Happy Easter everyone!