Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Vacationing at Disney during Easter in the Ask The Experts forums; for all you veterans, what can one expect the week of Easter at Disney? We are going to be going soon and I cant say that all that exciting..everyone keeps ...
    ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

Vacationing at Disney during Easter

for all you veterans, what can one expect the week of Easter at Disney? We are going to be going soon and I cant say that all that exciting..everyone keeps telling me that its going to be shoulder to shoulder and they may even have to close the park...is it really going to be this bad?

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    Disney at Easter is usually pretty crowded. My family and I have gone twice during Easter and it was probably the crowdest we have ever been there. The waits for the rides were a lot longer (but this was in '97 before fastpass). We went in 2005 the week before Easter and it got busy by the end of the week and fastpasses were running out within the first 5 hours the park was open. In '97, we arrived at MK before it was opened and we went right to Space Mountain and then over to Splash and Splash within the first hour already was at about an hour wait (like I said before, it was before Fastpass!!!) Expect large crowds and if possible get to the parks early and get fastpasses ASAP
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    It's going to be SUPER busy. If you don't mind waiting for rides, then it should be ok. Hope you have a great trip!

ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question

will it help out alot by getting there for the early morning hour during the easter week?

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    I have never been there when they had the extra magic hours, and have never used the morning ones. In the past, usually the park that opens early is busier, but I think that the extra magic hours might help. SO it might be a thing where you use the magic hours but leave that park earlier than you usually would.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have gone several times around easter, but both times I left two days before easter. I can say this though, it is very very busy. If you have patience you will have a blast though, plus the parks are open later.

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder
    You have more time in the parks but they are crazy busy.