Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss has anyone ever tried this???? in the Ask The Experts forums; We bought a four day magic your way package without the park hopper. We also have a sea world ticket. we wanted to go to MK using one of the ...
    ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question has anyone ever tried this????

We bought a four day magic your way package without the park hopper.
    We also have a sea world ticket.

we wanted to go to MK using one of the passes and then maybe mid day go to EPCOT using our second pass because we only have four days to tour the park and five tickets.

I've been told that the park will not allow you to use two different tickets on one day., you need to have the park hopper..is that right? We only wanted to do this for the first day.

I cant see why they would prevent you from burning away a ticket for 1/2 day if that is what you wanted to do. Its too late for us to get the park hopper.

any idea or suggestions?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    That is correct, you can not use two days of admission on the same day.
    It's a hard and fast rule. The only way to visit two Disney parks on the same day using Magic Your Way tickets is with the Park Hopping option.

You can always add the park hopping option before the ticket expires 14 days after first use. On a 4 day ticket this is an additional $45+ tax per ticket.

Now, a suggestion would be if you don't want to spend the extra for park hopping, pick the day that has the longest operating hours at Disney and go to Sea World first thing in the morning. Come back in the evening and then use the "extra" day at Disney that night.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    You can not go to more then one park in a day without the hopper pass.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I don't even understand why they offer a multi day pass that doesn't hop. On our recent trips I can only think of one day that we didn't hop around. If at all possible I'd upgrade, if not the advice from the above lady, start SeaWorld very early.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I don't even understand why they offer a multi day pass that doesn't hop.
    Because not everybody prefers to park hop, that's why.

You like to do it, but Disney keeps the option open for everyone.
    -- Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ready4 fun View Post
    I cant see why they would prevent you from burning away a ticket for 1/2 day if that is what you wanted to do.
    You didn'y buy a "4 day package." You bought a package consisting of 4 nights at a resort and a 4-day park pass. Each piece is customizable ... if that's a word. You bought a certain number of nights in a room, and then you were free to choose how many days of park tickets you wanted ... you don't need to buy the same number of park days and room nights.

So you have a 4-day base ticket. This entitles you to 4 DAYS of admissions, one park per day. It does NOT entitle you to 4 ADMISSIONS. There's a difference.

The reason they won't let you park hop on a base ticket is simple ... money! They price their park tickets so that each successive day is cheaper. Your 4-day pass costs only $9 more than a 3-day pass. NINE DOLLARS. But they charge you about $45 for the freedom to park hop. In order to provide the very very steep per-day discount on multiple day tickets, they have to make it up somewhere, and that's with the park hopping fee.

I mean, the difference between a 5-day pass and a 10-day pass is only about $10. If they allowed unlimited park hopping, they'd have to charge much more per day for the base tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ready4 fun View Post
    Its too late for us to get the park hopper.
    As disneydame2004 already told you, you very much CAN upgrade. No need to do that now ... you can do it while you're ay WDW. You can do it at your resort or at a park ticket window or at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney.
    -- Eric

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    But if you can still change your package so that it's a 3-day Disney instead of 4, then your total with park hopper drops from $257 to $248. still only $9, but why pay for a day you're definately not going to be there.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    Because not everybody prefers to park hop, that's why.

You like to do it, but Disney keeps the option open for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    You didn'y buy a "4 day package." You bought a package consisting of 4 nights at a resort and a 4-day park pass. Each piece is customizable ... if that's a word. You bought a certain number of nights in a room, and then you were free to choose how many days of park tickets you wanted ... you don't need to buy the same number of park days and room nights.

So you have a 4-day base ticket. This entitles you to 4 DAYS of admissions, one park per day. It does NOT entitle you to 4 ADMISSIONS. There's a difference.

The reason they won't let you park hop on a base ticket is simple ... money! They price their park tickets so that each successive day is cheaper. Your 4-day pass costs only $9 more than a 3-day pass. NINE DOLLARS. But they charge you about $45 for the freedom to park hop. In order to provide the very very steep per-day discount on multiple day tickets, they have to make it up somewhere, and that's with the park hopping fee.

I mean, the difference between a 5-day pass and a 10-day pass is only about $10. If they allowed unlimited park hopping, they'd have to charge much more per day for the base tickets.

As disneydame2004 already told you, you very much CAN upgrade. No need to do that now ... you can do it while you're ay WDW. You can do it at your resort or at a park ticket window or at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney.
    Ouch. Some, somewhat obvious clarifications, and geez the delivery

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Ouch. Some, somewhat obvious clarifications, and geez the delivery
    I was responding, and trying to help and educate (I even inserted a smilie in one of them to help convey a friendly tone).

However, the only apparent purpose for the post above seems to be a personal attack, which I don't think I deserve and I know I don't appreciate.
    -- Eric

flutter is offline Moderator
    It is often hard to read "tone of voice" and often feelings are hurt unintentionally, please lets move on