Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Florida Residents in the Ask The Experts forums; I have a question about Florida Residents: to get the discount, must they be present at the park? Thanks, ~Mr. Imagineer...
    Mr. Imagineer is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Florida Residents

I have a question about Florida Residents: to get the discount, must they be present at the park?

Thanks,
    ~Mr. Imagineer
    There are three types of people in the world: People who can count and people who can't!

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can get vouchers from places like AAA, and exchange them once you get to the parks. But you can't get discounts on things like tix for anyone who is not a FL res whether you are there or not.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    The only thing I've ever used a FL resident discount for is my annual pass. I buy the pass at AAA, and receive a voucher. In order to get an actual pass, I have to present the voucher along with proof of residency at Guest Relations. I was not asked to prove residency at AAA, so I probably could have bought a FL resident pass voucher even if I didn't live in FL, but I would not have been able to use it.

I'm not sure how ordering direct from Disney over the internet would work (I assume that's what you're asking about), but I presume it would be the same sort of thing -- you would get or print a voucher, and would then have to prove residency at the park when you trade your voucher in for whatever kind of ticket you bought.

Also, as someone else mentioned, you can't use your FL resident discount to buy anything for anyone else. So if you were thinking you'd buy a FL resident discounted ticket for a friend and send him to the park without you, you can't do that. In fact, you can't even buy a FL resident discount ticket for a friend even if you'll be going to the park with him.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Imagineer View Post
    I have a question about Florida Residents: to get the discount, must they be present at the park?

Thanks,
    ~Mr. Imagineer
    If you refering to the discount on tickets for Florida residents YES>>>ABSOLUTELY YES....they must be present to use those tickets at the turnstiles. They will require you to show ID.

EXP....John Smith's bro lives in Florida. He lives in TX. The bro can buy tickets at the FL resident discount but John can not use them as he does not have a FL ID to show proof of residency at the gate, even if the bro is there.

There are other discounts on things available to FL folk. The Disney Dining Experience (discounts on restaurants)is one of those available. The only other ppl who can get one are Annual Passholders.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    As a former Florida resident I can tell you that what Vixen is saying is correct. As a FL resident it might seem like you can get away with buying tickets for your family and friends outside of FL and handing them over but unfortunately you cannot. You must have your proof of FL residency on you when you purchase your tickets.

Now that said, one part of what Vixen said isn't totally correct. They don't ask you for your ID at the turnstyles. At least they never did for us. We had Annual Passes and just regular tickets and never once did we have to show our ID outside of at purchase.

If you purchase tickets online you receive a voucher in the mail. That voucher must be turned in at a ticket booth or at customer service to get your tickets. They check your FL ID at that time.

So really, the only way around it is to be there when the tickets are purchased or the vouchers are turned in, show your ID and then basically commit fraud by having the non-FL resident then use the ticket. The problem there is the big "what if" question. What if they do decide to check the ID of the person using the pass for some reason? Like if it doesn't scan and they have to print you a new one (happens OFTEN) etc.

All in all, not worth it to try to get around the system because if you get caught, the person with the ticket will probably be asked to leave and the person who purchased the pass would probably be unable to buy tickets again under their ID for some time or something. Disney is smart with tracking fraud. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Sorry my fault I should have clarified that more. I meant when you are first activating the ticket/vouchers. I should have said the ticket booths. Sorry to confuse anyone, I had a 5 year begging to paint her nails at the time. Gotta love peel off nail polish.

And I agree, dont try to get around it because you never know about that "WHAT IF" factor Jenn mentioned. They do have a right to ask to check ID if they think something is not kosher. Dont try it. I will ask a CM friend that works ticketing for some more info if anyone has anymore questions on it.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 04-01-2008 at 03:19 PM.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn