Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pirate and Princess Party questions in the Ask The Experts forums; For those who have been, how crowded is the Magic Kingdom during the Pirate and Princess Party? I realize the answer is subjective, but that's okay. We're going on Tuesday ...
    Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Pirate and Princess Party questions

For those who have been, how crowded is the Magic Kingdom during the Pirate and Princess Party? I realize the answer is subjective, but that's okay. We're going on Tuesday evening, and it will be our first hard-ticket event. I've been to WDW probably 20-25 times in the last 10 years, but this will be something new for us (this will be my wife's third trip to WDW, but she was a Disneyland veteran; she once lived close enough to see the fireworks outside her balcony). Given that it is a Tuesday evening and schools aren't out yet, I'm hoping the crowds will be a little lighter than they would be Friday evening (which was our other choice for this trip).

Also, for the Magic, Music and Mayhem fireworks, I presume somewhere near the hub but not too close to the castle would be a prime viewing spot, correct? I'm going to try to shoot good video of the show, and I want to be able to see as much as possible. Would it give me a better angle and better framing to be toward the Tomorrowland or Adventureland side of the hub?

SSB
    Last edited by Experiment_626; 03-29-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    I haven't been to the PPP yet, but from what I hear, the crowds shouldn't be too big for a couple reasons. For one, ticket sales haven't been as high as Disney would like, which is why they are planning a revamp for this event. The other reason is that you're going to the World at a great time, between Easter but before the schools have let out. We really like going during this period because the crowds are thin, and the weather is beautiful!
    As for the fireworks, I personally am particial to setting up my tripod almost right behind the Partners statue, to get the straight on shot. Our last trip however, my friend wanted the best view of mainly the fireworks, and a cast member recommened a spot towards Adventureland, because when you're in the hub the castle actually blocks a lot of the fireworks. Your idea of Tomorrowland would be good as well, for the same reason.
    Have fun!!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    The only potential crowd issue is that this is right smack dab in the middle of Spring Breaks for that area and a bunch of the schools up here, too...
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I haven't been to the recent batch of P&PP but did go to one in Feb '07. Probably the lowest crowds I had ever seen at the MK. I was actually able to watch the fireworks smack dab in the middle of the street between the tip board and the ice cream shoppe. It was a perfect location, perfect view and no one was even within an arms length of me. It almost felt like my own personal viewing. The rides were all a walk on...as a matter of fact, we did Pirates three times in a row without even getting off.

Disneymomto6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    as far as the fireworks, I train station platform. There are benchs set up and places you can set your tri-pod up. I was up there for the first P&P party and there was a news station set up there, getting perfect shots.
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs