Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss ATM bank machines in the Ask The Experts forums; Will my bank card (canadian) from my credit union work in the hotel or parks? It's a credit union card. I'm very nervous. Last time I was down, my bank ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Arrow ATM bank machines

Will my bank card (canadian) from my credit union work in the hotel or parks? It's a credit union card. I'm very nervous. Last time I was down, my bank card worked but it wasn't from a credit union. Are there a lot of ATM in the parks, pop century, etc?

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    there at least two atm's per park and charge $2 per transaction

peterpan1106 is offline A-Ticket holder
    It really depends on what 'system' your card operates. I've had no problem with my Canadian bank card.
    Back to Disney for Super Soap Weekend!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    The Pop Century's ATM is outside the gift shop near the telehones
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I'm not sure if there is a problem using a Canadian bank card, but if there isn't an issue, don't use the ATMs. You don't need cash unless you need to take a taxi. All of the food courts, restaurants, gift shops and even the food carts take debit cards. We used to spend the $2 fee to get money out, but on our last several trips we have gone cashless.

Just a thought.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Most ATMs on property (in the resorts, in the parks) participate in the following networks:
    Visa, Plus, MasterCard, Cirrus, American Express, Discover/Novus

Look on the back of your card to see if you have a logo that matches the above.

Also, there are SunTrust ATMs which work with the following:
    Cirrus, Star, Honor, Publix/Plus, AmericanExpress, Master Card, Vi
    at the following locations:
    SunTrust drive-thru across the street from DOWNTOWN DISNEY Marketplace
    Hess Express Station across from DOWNTOWN DISNEY Pleasure Island
    Hess Express Station across from Disney-MGM Studios entrance on Buena Vista Drive
    Hess Express Station at the Car Care Center near the Magic Kingdom Toll Plaza
    House of Blues at Downtown Disney West Side

If you have a problem, though, check with a CM at Guest Services, there may be alternatives (Credit Union 24, CU HERE networks, for example). Ask your bank, too - they may have a website to find in-network ATMs. I'm sure if you need cash, Disney will probably help you get it, so you can give it back to them

PapaJoe is offline A-Ticket holder
    If you are staying onsite you can also charge to your room with your room key all over property... It is super convenient, and you have a list of everything you spent money on when you check out . I do like to keep some Cash on hand (usually no more than $20 or $30) for that instance when I need a quick drink, and the person pushing the closest cart doesn't accept credit.

tamara09 is offline A-Ticket holder
    do they have cerrus are pluse atm credit union card?

tamara09 is offline A-Ticket holder
    sorry Pluse atm machines

amberpi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a problem using a Canadian bank card, but if there isn't an issue, don't use the ATMs. You don't need cash unless you need to take a taxi. All of the food courts, restaurants, gift shops and even the food carts take debit cards. We used to spend the $2 fee to get money out, but on our last several trips we have gone cashless.

Just a thought.
    I agree. I do everything possible cashless though! I don't carry a balance on my card, and pay-off in full every month, but I do put everything possible on it to get more Disney/Southwest rewards - even my cable bill.

TiNkErBeLL87 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've never tried to use my card at Disney but I have had problems using my Canadian debit card from a credit union in the US. It worked fine at ATMs but some stores had problems taking it, although it worked at most.
    Last edited by TiNkErBeLL87; 04-11-2008 at 04:46 PM.

lexitoad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have a question kind of related. We are on the dining plan and I know that tip is no longer included. Can you swipe a card for the tip or do I have to carry cash for that?