Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss FL resident or AAA in the Ask The Experts forums; Here's a question. Should I make my reservations through AAA, (rates are cheaper than booking through Disney) or make them through Disney and hope they'll do a Fl resident discount ...
    jiminycricket is offline A-Ticket holder

FL resident or AAA

Here's a question. Should I make my reservations through AAA, (rates are cheaper than booking through Disney) or make them through Disney and hope they'll do a Fl resident discount for the dates I'm there? Right now, Disney has a Fl Resident rate, but it's only good until May. I am planning to go toward the end of August. I'm trying to save as much $$ as possible. Any suggestions? I am definitley doing a MYW package with dining, hoping they'll do the free dining again this year!! It was great for us last year!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    That depends on whether you are a Florida resident or not. Saving money is good. You cant (read, not supposed to) get both a AAA/FL discount and the free dining specials/discounts on the same package. When you book the free dining you are paying rack rate (full price) for the room itself. I had to give up another discount last year to be able to get free dining.

Psst..April 10 supossedly, dates available-end of Aug-end of Sept.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

jiminycricket is offline A-Ticket holder
    Although I am not living in FL right now (my family is there, though), I still have FL resident status. Last year I went with AAA and I THINK making the reservation with them (including the Free dining) was cheaper than going through CRO.
    Here's another question....In order to qualify for the free dining you have to stay a minimun of 4 nights, right?

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I priced them last year and it was pretty much the same. I did figure out you saved a few (as in 2 or 3 dollars) on tickets total for all 3 of us and you got a few perks like the Diamond parking, etc. Not really worth the hassle to me as I like to do it thru CRO cause if you have to change something there is no middle man wait time and I know it is done right then and there. I'm not patient when I need to know something to do with my money being spent--I want an answer right then and there...LOL

Remember not everyone knows all the answers to questions all the time, even TA's or CRO that is why I like to call them back more then once and check some websites and piece it all together, then still ask again when we get there. LOL

Last year was 3 nite min. No one knows what this year will be till it is officially released. They can even change it in the middle of the promotion too. Thier perogitive.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just found out something about AAA... they are given a certain amount of rooms that they can discount... once those are gone, they will quote you the rack rates if you book through them, so people think they're getting a discount, but they're really paying standard price.

I'm a fan of SmallWorld Vacations... best price I could find, AND they keep checking to see if disney discounts your room...if they do, they'll automatically rebook you at a lower rate.

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    I just found out something about AAA... they are given a certain amount of rooms that they can discount... once those are gone, they will quote you the rack rates if you book through them, so people think they're getting a discount, but they're really paying standard price.

I'm a fan of SmallWorld Vacations... best price I could find, AND they keep checking to see if disney discounts your room...if they do, they'll automatically rebook you at a lower rate.

How long did you have to wait til your first response back from SmallWorld Vacations? I sent in a quote request 8 days ago (I got an e-mail response from them stating they received my quote) and I haven't heard back yet.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I heard back less than a day after I wrote them... one of their reps was in the next town over from me, and she's been amazing...

It sounds like your quote got misplaced, or something happened... you can either submit another quote, or if you PM me your email address and contact info, I'll contact my agent from SmallWorld, and have her look into it to locate your quote...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!