Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Help for a school paper in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm doing a paper for my Material Cultures of North America class. I get to do it on Mickey! Can anyone recommend books or websites that can give me some ...
    Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

Help for a school paper

I'm doing a paper for my Material Cultures of North America class. I get to do it on Mickey! Can anyone recommend books or websites that can give me some info and insight into Mickey's cultural importance?

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

WenD2ndStar is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi! Best of luck on your paper--what fun!! I don't know if this will help, but I just pulled this quote from a CNN article about Mickey's 75th birthday (if you want to use it and need a source, I can send the link). I thought it was great. Good luck! I'll keep an eye out for sites, but in the meantime...

"Mickey Mouse speaks an international language," Sklar said. "When I go to Tokyo and see how kids react to Mickey Mouse the same way they do in Paris. It's reassuring that there are some things that cross international boundaries."

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Very cool! Thanks, thats exactly the kind of stuff I need.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!
    I might also say something about how Disney is among the top vacation destinations in the world and how it brings so many people from so many different places that speak various languages to one place. I think being an international "hotspot" shows something about Mickey's culture importance and how all of the incredible things and accomplishments that Disney has done/made all came from one mouse (and one man's vision).
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!