Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Mickey's Christmas Parade? in the Ask The Experts forums; Has anyone ever been to this parade and how much the ticket costs? What do they do, close down the park and then those with the ticket reenter? If anyone ...
    ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

Mickey's Christmas Parade?

Has anyone ever been to this parade and how much the ticket costs? What do they do, close down the park and then those with the ticket reenter? If anyone has any info on this, I'd appreciate it. I tried to call disney but the circuits are full...probably everyone trying to get what's left of the free dining plan.

Is Late november a good time to go? Is the weather still bad ( hurricane season) at that time?

thanks!

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've never been but I'm fairly positve you don't pay....it comes with your park admission.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ready4 fun View Post
    Has anyone ever been to this parade and how much the ticket costs? What do they do, close down the park and then those with the ticket reenter? If anyone has any info on this, I'd appreciate it. I tried to call disney but the circuits are full...probably everyone trying to get what's left of the free dining plan.

Is Late november a good time to go? Is the weather still bad ( hurricane season) at that time?

thanks!
    As for the Christmas parade, it is taped over several days during park hours. I had received something last year that they sent to passholders notifying us when the tapings would be, and asking us to register online for a *chance* to be present. My guess (though I'm not at all certain) is that they rope off areas along the parade route and only allow those who've registered to get close to the parade. I presume that there must be some way for non-passholders to gain access to this area, but I'm not sure just how.

Late November is probably going to be busy because of Thanksgiving. That is also about when they tape the parade. Weather-wise it is great. It starts to cool off a little, and is generally a pretty dry time of year. Hurricane season officially ends November 30, but the season peaks in August/September and tropical activity falls off very sharply after that. A hurricane in November is not impossible, but it is very unlikely.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    If your talking about Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, they have a parade during that time. It does cost extra, there is a whole lot of Christmas stuff Disney Style, like hot apple cider and hot coco and cookies, Shows and a parade. We went the first week in December and the weather was great, still kinda warm in the day and sometimes cool at night.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder
    yeah, I was just there for spring break and Easter, so if Thanksgiving crowd is the same, then it'll be okay.

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party last year. The ticket cost $60, but it was well worth it in my opinion. The park stayed open until midnight, and there were two parades, multiple shows, characters in their Christmas clothes, and so much more other fun stuff. And, most of the rides stayed open, so after the festivities are over, you can ride your favorite ten or fifteen times.
    At a certain time, they make all of those who have their ticket to the party go to one of several areas to get a wristband. This is about an hour before the party starts. Once the party starts, people without a wristband have to leave.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    I went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party last year. The ticket cost $60, but it was well worth it in my opinion. The park stayed open until midnight, and there were two parades, multiple shows, characters in their Christmas clothes, and so much more other fun stuff. And, most of the rides stayed open, so after the festivities are over, you can ride your favorite ten or fifteen times.
    At a certain time, they make all of those who have their ticket to the party go to one of several areas to get a wristband. This is about an hour before the party starts. Once the party starts, people without a wristband have to leave.
    If you order your ticket in advance it is a lot cheaper, I believe we paid just under $40 for each of us. But yes, I definitely agree, it is so worth it. If you are down there at that time, definitely give it a try.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    If you order your ticket in advance it is a lot cheaper, I believe we paid just under $40 for each of us.
    We ordered our tickets in advance, so I must have been mistaken about the price. I wasn't the one paying for them
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music