Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss chef mickey's in the Ask The Experts forums; how long does it take to get from Magic Kingdom to chef mickeys for breakfast? Where do you pick up the monorail in the magic kingdom?...
    ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

chef mickey's

how long does it take to get from Magic Kingdom to chef mickeys for breakfast? Where do you pick up the monorail in the magic kingdom?

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would assume so as the monorail runs right through the contemporary.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ready4 fun View Post
    how long does it take to get from Magic Kingdom to chef mickeys for breakfast? Where do you pick up the monorail in the magic kingdom?
    The monorail is right outside the main gate to the MK. You can't miss it. There are two areas to get on, one is the express monorail which only stops at the TTC, and the other is the resort monorail which stops at every station. Make sure you get on the resort monorail. It will take you right to the Contemporary Resort, which will be the first stop.

As for timing, I'm never really there in the morning, but at closing time the lines for the monorail can get pretty long. The ride itself is only about 5-10 minutes, but you have to leave yourself enough time to wait on line and get on a train. I'd say make sure you're walking out the main gate at least a half hour before your reservation.

It is also my understanding that you can walk from MK to the Contemporary, but I've never done this. It looks pretty close when you're gliding by on the monorail, but I'm sure it's a lot farther on foot

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Depending on wait time and possible delays in transit, I would allow 30 minutes by Monorail. The ramp is to the right as you leave the MK. Be sure to take the Resort Line, not the Express Line. Exit at the Contemporary and head down the escalator.

But, if you're worried about time, you can walk. As you leave the MK, bear left. Just before the bus area, there is a sidewalk. From there it's about a 10 minute walk.

Simonhp is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would just walk its only about 10 mins away. yeah the monorail is pretty cool but so is the walk.