Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss A corollary to a previous question in the Ask The Experts forums; And its not because I'm being crazy, but more because I'm curious now. Does anyone know if there is a good place to get nutritutional info for WDW restaurants and ...
    amberpi is offline B-Ticket Holder

A corollary to a previous question

And its not because I'm being crazy, but more because I'm curious now.

Does anyone know if there is a good place to get nutritutional info for WDW restaurants and food stands?

I know how to eat healthy, but I find the nutritional information fun and interesting and it does help me make more balanced choices. Of course, those ice cream cookie sandwiches could have 2000 calories and 100 fat grams and I wouldn't care, it would still be soooo worth it! I've been on a detox diet - no carbs/sugar or booze and will be until my trip on the 23rd and that's going to make that ice cream all the more heavenly!

Oh, so that's my favorite indulgence at WDW, what is everyone having as a treat?

McDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Unfortunately, Disney doesn't have any accurate nutritional information available. To quote their website, "Unfortunately we do not have, and therefore we cannot provide you with accurate or reliable nutritional information, and we would not want you or any other Guest to rely on what could only be our "best guess." We can however, attempt to work within your dietary request and suggest some menu alternatives and solutions that may satisfy your requests. We strive to provide all our Guests a magical experience by offering a wide array of dining locations, experiences and menu options, and we trust that among all those selections you will find menu items that meet your requests."

Searching around for the information has yielded very little in the way of actual results as well. however, you may want to check out Eating Healthy(ier) at Walt Disney World [Eating on Vacation], it has some stats that may help!

I guess Disney wants people to spend their time, and money, not worrying about their intake. It is a vacation, but it sure would be nice if some of the more common items, that don't change very often, were made available.
    ~Ryan
    Main Street Gazette

amberpi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by McDisney View Post
    Unfortunately, Disney doesn't have any accurate nutritional information available. To quote their website, "Unfortunately we do not have, and therefore we cannot provide you with accurate or reliable nutritional information, and we would not want you or any other Guest to rely on what could only be our "best guess." We can however, attempt to work within your dietary request and suggest some menu alternatives and solutions that may satisfy your requests. We strive to provide all our Guests a magical experience by offering a wide array of dining locations, experiences and menu options, and we trust that among all those selections you will find menu items that meet your requests."

Searching around for the information has yielded very little in the way of actual results as well. however, you may want to check out Eating Healthy(ier) at Walt Disney World [Eating on Vacation], it has some stats that may help!

I guess Disney wants people to spend their time, and money, not worrying about their intake. It is a vacation, but it sure would be nice if some of the more common items, that don't change very often, were made available.
    I know how to make good choices, and have, thankfully, therefore always been able to stay really thin, but I just got really curious about it. I mean, I can quote the calories of the cookie ice cream sandwiches and some other items that come with the nutritional information on it that I enjoy frequently when I'm at WDW, but I was just wondering if, for instance, the quesadillas at the place in Mexico are worse for you than say, the ones at Baja Fresh are, or whatever. I just thought it would be so cool to be able to look all that information over.
    I appreciate your quote from the Disney site, I didn't see that, so at least now I know to stop looking. Wouldn't it be awesome to have that info though?

McDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have honestly been looking for this information for years, and unless it is something prepackaged (like the ice cream you said), or the McD's french fries where you can get the info from McDonald's, there really isn't anything available for the restaurants. I understand menus change, but they don't change enough to not let us have a glimpse at least, do they?!?!
    ~Ryan
    Main Street Gazette