Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss What was group at Italy that dressed in masks & gowns and floated silently around? in the Ask The Experts forums; Last year we visited the Italian pavillion at Epcot and saw these incredibly beautiful performers. They were dressed in ornate gowns, wore Venetian masks and appeared to float above the ...
    JCor0 is offline A-Ticket holder

What was group at Italy that dressed in masks & gowns and floated silently around?

Last year we visited the Italian pavillion at Epcot and saw these incredibly beautiful performers. They were dressed in ornate gowns, wore Venetian masks and appeared to float above the courtyard. (Actually on unicycle type contraptions that were totally silent and hidden under their long skirts). I have been searching the internet trying to find the name of this unique performance art, but am having no luck. Does anyone remember this, or know what it's called?

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    That's neat, I've never seen them, if you do find out about them especially if you find any pictures would you post a link in theis thread please? I'd love to see this too.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There is a group called Character Masquerade listed as performers in Italy on Allearsnet.com. They don't mention unicycles, but they have a photo here: http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/ep_masq.jpg

Do they look familiar?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Yes, they do!! I have seen them and have great pics of them!! I think that they are dressed amazing.

http://homepage.mac.com/snuggie/PhotoAlbum1.html

scroll dowm towards the bottom for some of my pics.

If this is not them--there are ladies that perform with large skirts and they walk out of them halfway through their performance. I will post pics later of them. There is one guy that plays a keyboard--one is dressed in red, purple, white -- I have to find them--check back in a couple of days.
    Last edited by snuggie; 02-27-2005 at 12:45 PM.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Sadly they had their last show last year. They do not perform anymore.

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Jason,

The ladies or the ones with the masks?? I am still working n posting pics, Will do tom or wed(my day off).

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The Character Masquerade