Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Questions Questions and More Questions! in the Ask The Experts forums; Ok Guys my pre trip is up and now here come some more questions...... i need all the disney pros out there to help me out a little..... 1.) We're ...
    First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!

Talking Questions Questions and More Questions!

Ok Guys my pre trip is up and now here come some more questions...... i need all the disney pros out there to help me out a little.....

1.) We're going over Memorial Day Will the parks be totally crazy?

2.) What's the weather going to be like? I'm i going to die of heat exhausting?

3.) I would love to hear a little or ( lot ) about the Pop Century resort! I'm not telling my son about where we're stay he still thinks we're stay offsite and is totally bummed out

4.) How's the food court at Pop?

5.) Which pool is best for my 11 yr old son?

6.) What the best Character breakfast/lunch to do?

7.) How and where can i find more info on the dining plan? I'm thinking about getting this for my son!

Ok I think that's all for now

Thanks for all your help in advance
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would head on over to allearsnet.com. Where all you will find answers to all of your questions and then some. Next to this site, it is one of the most informative and accurate Disney sites on the net.
    Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    1. I would expect the crowds to be at a high level over Memorial Day, no way to avoid it, so just do the best you can.
    2. It will be hot, you may want to invest in a couple of those mini hand held fans, you can usually pick them up at a CVS or Walmart or somewhere like that. They are only a couple dollars and well worth it. Disney use to sell them ( for a much higher price) but I have only seen the ones with the water spray there lately and they are to bulky to carry around.
    3. I have only stayed in the "50's at the POP Century so that is all I know, they had a nice pool. Food court seemed decent enough ....really don't know what else to tell you except the themeing is really fun.
    4. see #3 also like Yensid said check out allears.net for the menu.
    5. see #3 again
    6. Best character meal all depends on which characters you want to see. I assume because you are asking that you haven't booked anything yet. So at this point it may be a matter of what you can get into. Of course Chef Micheys is always a favorite for the traditional characters. I also like the Crystal Palace for the Pooh characters. On allears there is also a listing of all the character meals.
    7. sorry don't know anything about the dining plan but my guess is again allears.net would have that info. If you can't find it in the sidebar, just type it in under search.
    Have fun!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

kriskay is offline B-Ticket Holder
    1.) I have been once over Memorial Day weekend (just a one day trip on a Saturday) and it was CRAZY BUSY! However, the rest of the crew I went with stayed the whole weekend ..some hit different parks at different times in the day and had much better luck than the other crew. So do your research!! Look at attendance and plan around it. Typically, if you go to a park around 1 or 2 and stay until close, you will have much better luck than going right when it opens.

2.) What's the weather going to be like? Afraid its probably going to be pretty warm! So what though? YOU ARE AT DISNEY!!

3.) I haven't actually stayed at Pop but have visited. Theming is really cute. I have stayed at a value resort before though, and it was a great experience.

4.) How's the food court at Pop? Couldn't tell ya..sorry.

5.) Which pool is best for my 11 yr old son? Any pool, right?

6.) What the best Character breakfast/lunch to do? I really enjoyed Crystal Palace and the Donald one at Animal Kingdom. Although I really do hear a lot about Chef Mickey's. Lilo and Stitch's Aloha thing at Polynesian also peaks my interest.

7.) How and where can i find more info on the dining plan? Just research on the net. Plenty of info here on disneyworldtrivia in the forums...also allears.net, intercot, the list goes on and on.

Best advice--RESEARCH. There is so much to learn about Disney and you will be so proud of yourself when you have a perfect, wonderful, memorable vacation!!!

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!!

~~Kriskay~~

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We've been over Memorial Day weekend and the following week. It was more crowded than I was used to, but manageable. I remember it being hot with plenty of rain.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    The food at the Pop food court is very good. They have a huge selection of food. I've only eaten breakfast and dinner there but you'll definitely find something for everyone. In my opinion, you get a good bit of food for the money and it is delicious.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My first trip to Disney was over this past Easter/Spring break..Im 37 and wanted everything perfect for our first trip..Since you are staying on the property, be sure to be at the parks when they first open and use the magic hour..it sounds early, but when you are really excited, it doesn't matter.

1.) We're going over Memorial Day Will the parks be totally crazy? Have never been but read up on the early morning hours and utilize the fast passes.

2.) What's the weather going to be like? I'm i going to die of heat exhausting?no idea

3.) I would love to hear a little or ( lot ) about the Pop Century resort! I'm not telling my son about where we're stay he still thinks we're stay offsite and is totally bummed out have never stayed there but will be the next time we go..heard good things..find the link labled pop century by ready4 fun..it has alot of suggestions as to quietest place to stay and other things.

4.) How's the food court at Pop?no idea

5.) Which pool is best for my 11 yr old son? any pool since they dont have waterslides

6.) What the best Character breakfast/lunch to do? we did crystal palace with pooh..the reservationists for dining messed up my time/day for chef mickeys..the only suggestion is to confirm,confirm, confirm your dining arrangements...whispering canyon cafe was interesting for the kids..at the wilderness lodge..short boat ride from magoc kingdom..we spent the day at MK and then headed over for dinner.

7.) How and where can i find more info on the dining plan? I'm thinking about getting this for my son! You have to have the magic your way package and the whole family has to be on the plan..see below for a couple of links to the plan and the restaurants that participate.

Dining at Walt Disney World

you'll have a great time no matter what...we did..dont forget your rain ponchos

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer View Post
    1.) We're going over Memorial Day Will the parks be totally crazy?

They won't be Christmas or July 4th crazy, but they will be crowded. TouringPlans.com is predicting 8s for the whole weekend - meaning peak wait times of 75-85 minutes at the top attractions. Make sure you have a good touring plan - I recommend picking up a copy of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World before you go.

2.) What's the weather going to be like? I'm i going to die of heat exhausting?
    Average in Orlando for the month of May is 78°F. Whether that's too hot for you is really up to you... I've been in May before, and I didn't have a problem with the heat. August is FAR worse. Know where some good air conditioned places to rest are found in each park (Hall of Presidents, Carousell of Progress, Land and Seas pavilions, One Man's Dream, etc)

3.) I would love to hear a little or ( lot ) about the Pop Century resort! I'm not telling my son about where we're stay he still thinks we're stay offsite and is totally bummed out
    By far my favorite of the four value resorts. There are three pools - Hippy Dippy right behind Classic Hall, the Computer Pool by the 80's & 90's, and Bowling Pin by the 50's. Hippy Dippy has some flower-shaped sprinkler things in it, but none of them have any slides. Take some time to browse the shadow box displays in Classic Hall, check out the oversized icons throughout the resort, or walk down Memory Lane and read all the pop culture history trivia. There is one bus stop, with 5 different queues for MK, Epcot, DHS, AK & BB, and TL & DTD. It does not share a bus with any other resort.

4.) How's the food court at Pop?

I like it. There's four different areas, everything from sandwiches to burgers to pasta to asian cuisine. There's also a grab and go area with fruit and pastries and assorted snacks. There are two different kinds of slushies available at the beverage station.

5.) Which pool is best for my 11 yr old son?

Probably Hippy Dippy, because it's the most whimsical. Computer pool is just a big square, and I don't know many 11 year olds who enjoy bowling enough to find the Bowling Pin pool "cool".

6.) What the best Character breakfast/lunch to do?

I like Chef Mickeys, but I haven't done too many of them. I'm guessing with a son you're not going to want to do the princess breakfasts at the castle or Norway. I don't know if Garden Grill has characters at lunch or if it's only dinner. If they do, I'd recommend that one too.

7.) How and where can i find more info on the dining plan? I'm thinking about getting this for my son!

You can't "get it for your son". The Magic Your Way dining plan is available ONLY as part of a Magic Your Way package, which includes both room & tickets (also available recently as part of an Annual Passholder package). Everyone on the reservation must be on the same package - either everyone has the plan or no one does. You must book it as part of your room & ticket reservation, you can't just buy it separately when you get there.

It costs $37.99 / night for each adult, $11.99 / night for each child aged 3-9. It gives you one counter service meal, one table service meal, and one snack per person per night of your reservation. Counter Service meals include a combo meal, beverage, and dessert. Table Service meal includes entrée, dessert, and beverage. Does not include appetizer nor tip. A "snack" is almost any food item sold throughout the parks that costs $4.00 or less.

Thank you everyone for the info.... I'm finding it very useful!!!
    Loni

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    1.) We're going over Memorial Day Will the parks be totally crazy? Our trip always coincides with Memorial Day weekend and Memorial Day as we go as soon as my daughter gets out of school. I love going at this time. It is more crowded than going at the end of January, but it is manageable. We always go to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom on Memorial Day, they're less crowded than Magic Kingdom or Epcot. The lines can get long during the middle of the day for the more popular rides, but all you gotta do to combat that is get there as soon as the park opens and take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours and the Fast Passes. You'll be fine.

2.) What's the weather going to be like? I'm i going to die of heat exhausting?You will not die of heat exhaustion! My mom is extremely hot natured and she can handle it with no problem. We just take some hand held fans that we purchased at Wal-Mart for like $3 (the battery operated ones), as well as a hand held fan. My mom always wears a bandana around her neck and if she starts getting warm, she just finds the nearest water fountain, gets the bandana soaking wet and ties it back around her neck. We've never had to "get out of the heat" before while we've been there. My daughter (who's 8) gets hot quickly, too and she rarely ever complained of the heat. If she did, I just handed her a fan and a bottle of water and she was fine.

3.) I would love to hear a little or ( lot ) about the Pop Century resort! I'm not telling my son about where we're stay he still thinks we're stay offsite and is totally bummed out We LOVE the Pop Century resort. That's where we stayed last time and we'll be staying there again next year. This time for 10 days! YAY!!!! Anyway, I find it to be the best value resort. It does not share a bus with any other resorts. We never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus and even then, it was only one time that we waited that long. It's quiet (at least in the 70's building where we stayed) and the theming is so cool. You'll enjoy it.

4.) How's the food court at Pop? Great, just like every other value resort. You get a good several choices at each stand. More than your regular hot dogs and hamburger choices. We can always manage to find something to eat!

5.) Which pool is best for my 11 yr old son? All of 'em. Like MrItty said, the Hippy Dippy pool will probably be more fun.

6.) What the best Character breakfast/lunch to do? We've only done the Princess Breakfast. I did the one at Crystal Palace years ago and it was fine.

7.) How and where can i find more info on the dining plan? I have no clue on the dining plan. We don't utilize it. We don't spend that much money per person during the days at the park. We're light eaters. More snackers than big meal eaters and we usually like to eat on the go.

Hope this helps!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Emabee When will you be at Disney this year?
    Loni

Emabee When will you be at Disney this year?
    We're not going this year unfortunately. I can only swing it every two years and we went last year already. We're going again next year. We'll be leaving next year on May 23rd and staying for 10 days.

I wish I was going this year.

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

I'll send you some pictures when we get back to help ease the pain! This will probably be our last trip for at least 2-3 years
    Loni

I'll send you some pictures when we get back to help ease the pain! This will probably be our last trip for at least 2-3 years

Thanks! How come it will be so long between trips?

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House

1.) We're going over Memorial Day Will the parks be totally crazy? Any three day weekend is busy at WDW, so be prepared. Since you'll be standing in line a lot, make sure to utilize transportation whenever possible. For example, if you want to go from Frontierland to Tomorrowland, take the train. Have your strategy planned before you arive at the parks. If it is too crowded, go back to Pop for a swim or head over to Disney Quest.

2.) What's the weather going to be like? I'm i going to die of heat exhausting
    We have been very fortunate this year and have been experiencing a very mild Spring, thus far. Temperatures are generally 10 degrees higher than they have been, but this could change at any time. Make sure that you wear LOTS of sunscreen and, I can't stress this enough, hydrate properly! Try to get out of the sun while in the parks by cutting through the air-conditioned stores occasionally.

3.) I would love to hear a little or ( lot ) about the Pop Century resort! I'm not telling my son about where we're stay he still thinks we're stay offsite and is totally bummed out I have stayed at Pop a few times and I'm sure your son will like it. The rooms are a little crowded (depending on the size of your party) but are fine if you're just looking for a place to crash at the end of a busy day. Make sure that you take some time to check out all of the displays in the lobby check-in area. There's a lot of Disney history on display. Also, we like the 1970's building because it's not too far from the food court and you can park in the 1980's parking area for easy access to your room.

4.) How's the food court at Pop? The food court is good, but sometimes gets very crowded. Avoid it at peak times or you will be spending more time there than you would like. If someone in your party is an early riser, have them get breakfast and bring it back to the room (works best for us).

5.) Which pool is best for my 11 yr old son? My kids usually make at least one trip to the Bowling Pin pool!

6.) What the best Character breakfast/lunch to do? Our favorite character breakfast has always been Donald's Breakfastasaurus at Animal Kingdom, but it's no longer offered. We haven't had a chance to try out the one at Tusker House yet. If the weather is extremely hot during your trip, I would not recommend a character buffet because of the tendency some people have to overeat! Also, the early morning hours are best to avoid crowds in the theme parks and you'll lose valuable time at the meal. If you plan on not doing a park, that would be the day to enjoy a character meal at one of the resorts. For this, I recommend the Cape May meal at Beach Club. It's better suited to children over 10, IMHO.

7.) How and where can i find more info on the dining plan? I'm ?thinking about getting this for my son! I can't help with this one because we never use it.

Most of all, don't stress too much with the planning and have a great time! Don't try to do too much, take your time and enjoy WDW.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast