Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Resort Room Upgrades? in the Ask The Experts forums; I keep reading about guests who upon check-in ask for a room upgrade and get "bumped up" to the next level of room category at no extra charge. I have ...
    Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

Resort Room Upgrades?

I keep reading about guests who upon check-in ask for a room upgrade and get "bumped up" to the next level of room category at no extra charge. I have even heard of families actually changing resorts in some cases. Do any of you have experience with this? I am curious as to how it works and what tactics have paid off for you in the past.

We are staying at a resort that is new to us this year (Wilderness Lodge), and have booked bunk beds with a water view. I am not familliar enough with this resort to know what the "prefered" locations are in the event that a different class of room was available.

In any event, I appreciate any advice you would have regarding this matter. I have spent some time browsing other Disney based forums and have yet to find a group of members with such a broad knowledge base and friendly attitude to boot. This is a great site.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    I keep reading about guests who upon check-in ask for a room upgrade and get "bumped up" to the next level of room category at no extra charge. I have even heard of families actually changing resorts in some cases. Do any of you have experience with this? I am curious as to how it works and what tactics have paid off for you in the past.

We are staying at a resort that is new to us this year (Wilderness Lodge), and have booked bunk beds with a water view. I am not familliar enough with this resort to know what the "prefered" locations are in the event that a different class of room was available.

In any event, I appreciate any advice you would have regarding this matter. I have spent some time browsing other Disney based forums and have yet to find a group of members with such a broad knowledge base and friendly attitude to boot. This is a great site.
    In order to get bumped up, it would more then likely have to be at a very low peak time, but I believe with the crowds continually increasing that your chances of getting bumped up diminish. It never hurts to ask though. Also before you accept the bump ask the front desk to see a map to see exactly where your room would be.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

kilcobj is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post

I agree with the last member. It never hurts to ask. I have always asked but I have never had any luck. My family and I have chosen the Wilderness Lodge ths year as well. We will be staying there this June. Take care.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Actually, when we have asked to be upgraded we haven't been.

We have been upgraded several other times without requesting the upgrade. We went from a standard view to a savannah view at AKL, a Garden Wing room to a Tower room at the CR and the best was from a standard room to Concierge water view at Yacht Club.

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to receiving upgrades.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Thanks for the information. You're right, park attendance and hotel occupancy levels are probably the deciding factor (I should have thought of that). I'm going to take a whack at it and see what happens. We can always ask to see the room(s) first if they offer.