Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Not so scary halloween party? in the Ask The Experts forums; Has anyone ever been to the halloween party at MK? Is it worth the extra money and what are the crowds like? Is it better to go in September than ...
    ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

Not so scary halloween party?

Has anyone ever been to the halloween party at MK? Is it worth the extra money and what are the crowds like? Is it better to go in September than October? do they just gets loads of candy, if so, disney type candy or just regular everyday stuff? Just wondering as we may do this next year with the kids...

thanks in advance for any replies....

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i went this year, the candy isn't really special disney candy, but i went for the diffrent character experiences, the whole park is so much diffrent and there are less people so the wait times for the rides are much lessened, and the fireworks and the parade are some of the best disney has ever done in my opinion.
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder
    is it worth the money? you say it wasnt crowded? what month did you go?

how much does it cost on average?

kriskay is offline B-Ticket Holder
    YES it is ABSOLUTELY without a doubt worth the money!!

You can get in the park at 4pm even though the party is only from 7pm-12pm. That is 8 HOURS at Magic Kingdom for only 30-40 bucks (depending on when you buy your tickets)! We spend the party day relaxing at the resort and getting dressed up for the party-so basically you are paying HALF PRICE for a full day (8hrs) at a park.

PLUS the lines are short. 5-10 minutes at most--although there were only a couple of waits that long. Most are walk on with the exception of Haunted Mansion which we fast passed. AND characters are EVERYWHERE. The parade is excellent. The fireworks are spectacular. The whole park really transforms. I would definitely say this party is a MUST DO!

By the way, MNSSHP has typically only been offered in October. So I don't know what the September crowds will be like..

But remember since this is a hard ticket event, even when they are "SOLD OUT", it will still not be as busy as normal attendance at the parks. The maximum is MUCH MUCH LESS.

Hope this helps!

~~Kriskay~~

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We went in 06 and are planning to go this year. We loved it!!! We went the first weekend they had it in September (14th-ish) and crowds were not bad - rides were walk-ons but some character lines still had a wait (this was due to the rain). It did rain though but it stopped and it didn't really affect anything. We didn't get candy so I can't help you with that. It did look like the regular stuff - snickers and the likes.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh I should probably add. From what I've heard it gets more crowded the closer you get towards halloween (those nights tend to sell out) but September/Early October are suppose to be low crowds.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've been for the past six years in a row...the past two years in September.

Love it, love it, love it! I don't dress up but lots of folks do - some of the costumes are AWESOME!

Last year the cost was around $46 but you could get discounts for advance purchases, AP and DVC discounts for certain days.

SunnyBunny86 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I highly recommend MNSSHP, It was so much fun! We went this past October, on the night before Halloween. It was crowded, but still much less crowded than an average day at the park. It was very rainy too, but it was still a lot of fun. We liked it so much, that my fiance proposed to me while we were watching Happy Hallowishes, and we are planning this years trip so that we can go back this October, mainly because of MNSSHP.
    Sunny

"Reality: That annoying thing between Disney trips!"

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    My husband and I have went couple of times and LOVE IT! He loves being able to get on and off rides very quickly and I love the parade, fireworks, and especially the special Character Greets. CM's have told us this is one the rare times you can get Snow White and all 7 Dwarfs for one picture.
    We find it well worth the money spent on it. The music during the parade is catchy! You will find yourself humming afterward!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We went on our first visit. It was pretty hot that night. My little witch had a melting, green face!! I'll learn one of these days! We loved the parade and atmosphere! I definitely recommend going!! Just be careful on the costumes. I had to carry the witch hat all night!
    Knowing a little bit more now, I would have taken it easier that day. Maybe lying around the pool a bit before the nighttime fun!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The party is a blast, and the parade is the best parade I've ever seen... it's worth every penny! The 'Boo To you' song will get into your head for a long time afterwards...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    We went on the 10th October 2006 and loved every minute of it and thought it was worth every penny!!

The hollowishes fireworks were 10x better than Wishes too!

The parade is cool too and starts with The Headless Horseman!

As it happens, we'll be there this year on 10th October!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    I go Every year.
    It is SO worth the extra money.
    The crowds are (depends when you go) but when I go it's usually not that bad. pretty short lines always a seat at the parades -sp-
    I go in October but my guess is September is gonna be better
    With the candy thing it;s just candy you would find in a store (but it's FREE)
    and the amount is up to you. There are stops you have to go to to get candy. How ever many stops you go to is how much candy you get.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

I LOVED THE PARTY!!

Definately worth the money. Make sure to dress up too.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You have to do it. I have gone the last 4 years. Last year was the first time that I dressed up. It was really fun!
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music