Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Super Silly, but I need to know in the Ask The Experts forums; I realize this is silly but my DD would like to know if there is anywhere on property that has Mickey Mouse shaped sugar cubes? Does anyone know the answer?...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Super Silly, but I need to know

I realize this is silly but my DD would like to know if there is anywhere on property that has Mickey Mouse shaped sugar cubes? Does anyone know the answer?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can't say I've ever seen any such thing...

That being said, *if* they did exist, and I just haven't seen them, my guesses to your best bets at finding them would be:
    1) Main St Confectionary
    2) Perfectly Princess Tea Party
    3) Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian.

Good luck!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Wow. I cannot remember the last time I saw those. Some things disappear and you just don't notice until someone calls your attention to it. My son would always take mine that came with my coffee and you'd think he hit pay-dirt! I'd send a quick e-mail to Disney Communications and ask where they can be found. Maybe at DTD they might sell them but I can't remember them being served with food/beverages in recent years.

I just went and looked in my jewelry box and I still have the one my DS glommed onto when he was so little, a prized possession. Funny what are considered a jewel to the young.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-24-2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: found the sugar jewel.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thanks friends. I'll try the communications idea.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    I realize this is silly but my DD would like to know if there is anywhere on property that has Mickey Mouse shaped sugar cubes? Does anyone know the answer?
    Sugar cubes? Boy, that's retro. They used to be all the rage when I was growing up in the last century. I imagine they still make them, but Mickey head ones I never saw at WDW in all my visits since 1977.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Talk about wishing for a long lost item to be brought back. I don't recall ever seeing them, but I sure with they could be brought back or even sold somewhere on property. I'm sure they "disolved" into history due to cost and kids were probably eating them more like candy than people were using them in drinks. Anyone remember other Mickey shaped foods or items that are no longer available?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I used to buy boxes of Mickey head sugar cubes at WDW every year. They would be a special treat when I served tea (along with homemade Mickey shaped scones).

However, last year I wasn't able to find them anywhere. My guess is that they were not a high demand item and have been discontinued (I still have two boxes I'm saving for a special occasion).

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    I used to buy boxes of Mickey head sugar cubes at WDW every year. They would be a special treat when I served tea (along with homemade Mickey shaped scones).

However, last year I wasn't able to find them anywhere. My guess is that they were not a high demand item and have been discontinued (I still have two boxes I'm saving for a special occasion).
    I do remember them although I never purchased any. They used to have them in some of the table service locations. Sadly, I think they went the way of Mickey head butter pats.
    Lisa

"No capes!"