Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Character Meals in the Ask The Experts forums; Ok So i'm making reservations for our up coming trip (May 25-31)... And everything is going pretty smoothly I get Reservations for Prime time no problem.. But here's my problem ...
    First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!

Character Meals

Ok So i'm making reservations for our up coming trip (May 25-31)...

And everything is going pretty smoothly I get Reservations for Prime time no problem..

But here's my problem my almost 2 yr old niece loves Minnie and I really want to take her to Chef Mickey but the only reservation i could get was at 8:55 p.m. the night before we leave!

So my question is does anyone know any tricks or secrets that maybe would help me get better reservations for Chef Mickey!

I don't care what day but I would like some evening time say anywhere from 5 to 745...

Well That's all for now! Thanks for all your help!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't know if this would work, but you could maybe ask to have your name put on a list or something in case someone cancles their reservation? I've never done it before and don't know if it's possible, but it doesn't hurt to try.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Chef Mickey's is very popular and your best bet is to call as close to the 180-day mark as possible. That being said, I would call every morning at 7:00 a.m. EST. They dump the prior day's cancellations overnight and that is your best bet of snagging an open spot. Also, you didn't mention how large your pary is. But, if it is more than four or five people, try splitting your ressie. For example, you might not be able to get a table for six but there are two tables for four and two available at nearly the same time.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    ftg, there is no such list.

FirstTimer, you said your daugther wants to see Minnie. Is that the only reason you're looking towards Chef Mickey's? There are other meals on property at which Minnie appears. Liberty Tree Tavern and the Tusker House breakfast, I believe, are two of them.

If you have your heart set on Chef Mickey's, like GalPal said, keep calling every single morning at 7:00am Eastern time exactly.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Apparently, Minnie's a tough gal to catch! According to the chart on All Ears Character Dining Locations (Subject to change), Minnie is definitely at the Liberty Tree Tavern, only occasionally at Chef Mickey's and the Cape May Cafe' breakfast buffet at the Beach Club, and not at Tusker House at all. You may have better luck getting the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks Guys... I'll try the 7 o'clock ideal everyday and cross my fingers!
    Loni

I actually just called Diisney to see by any luck if there was anything new for Chef Mickey andddddddddddddddd

I scored 6:25 Monday May 26 reservations!!!! I totally excited now
    Loni

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    We had breakfast with Mickey & Friends in March. While we had priority seating (and the place was crowded) there were a lot of guests who just showed up and waited for a table to open. You might want to try that. There is no guarantee you will get in, but while waiting you can get a glimpse of Mickey, Minnie (I got a kiss from her), Donald, Pluto and Goofy making the rounds. BTW, the food and service were grrreat!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yay! For what it's worth, we go to Chef Mickey's every year on our first day - either breakfast or dinner. Minnie has ALWAYS been there. The line up is Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. Used to be Chip & Dale until last year. Donald took their place.

Awesome I can't wait ever my 11 yr old is excited about "the party"
    Loni

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm glad you were able to get an earlier reservation for Chef Mickey's. It was one of ones we wanted to eat at as well. We wanted it so badly that we have it booked twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    Yay! For what it's worth, we go to Chef Mickey's every year on our first day - either breakfast or dinner. Minnie has ALWAYS been there. The line up is Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. Used to be Chip & Dale until last year. Donald took their place.
    I'm happy to hear that Donald is now there. He's been one of my favorites since my first trip (Tigger being another top). I was hoping that maybe he would be there one time while we were. I have a feeling that DD probably won't be eating much of her meals when we are at character meals....she'll be too excited and happy (being that we are eating at Cinderella's Gala Feast, Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace which are where all her favorite characters are).

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    If you don't have a reservation for Chef Mickey's, it's sometimes helpful to show up right before the restaurant opens for dinner.

We have been seated there both times that we tried it.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I saw that somebody mentioned Cape May previously. I ate there two trips ago and really enjoyed it. It wasn't crowded at all, the food was good, the setting was nice, and the characters were attentive. I can understand why you're excited about Chef Mickey's, though. I ate there once and thought it was fun.

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Congrats on finding the ressie you wanted. I was going to suggest Liberty Tree Tavern as well as a backup. I don't know any tricks other than persistence pays off so keep trying even the days you are there it never hurts to ask.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!