Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss best places for "counter" lunch in the Ask The Experts forums; This is going to be our first trip to Disney, and after making my eyes bleed reading all the info on good dinner places, I think I've decided on where ...
    bolter is offline A-Ticket holder

best places for "counter" lunch

This is going to be our first trip to Disney, and after making my eyes bleed reading all the info on good dinner places, I think I've decided on where to go. But I have had a hard time finding recommendations on lunch places throughout the parks. Anyone want to throw there 2 cents in? FYI we are going with DDP, and are still trying to decide between caribbean or wilderness.

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    I like Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland or Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland or Pecos Bills in Frontierland.

In Epcot, I like eating, well, pretty much around the World! I love the pastries in France, the counter service restaurant in Morocco, Germany, Mexico, Japan, China and the UK. We like eating at the counter service in The Land as well.

At Animal Kingdom, we like Pizzafari and to be honest, that's the only one we've done.

At Hollywood Studios, we love the ABC Commissary.

I'm not sure if any of those places are on the plan (I assume most are) but I hope that helps.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    At Animal Kingdom, I love Flame Tree BBQ. I love Pecos Bills or Cosmic Ray's at MK. I love to eat at the Land at Sunshine SEason (or something like that). There is a counter service over by Star Tours at DHS that I can't think of the name.

And my choice would be Wilderness Lodge! That is my favorite! I wish I could stay there every time!

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland or Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland or Pecos Bills in Frontierland.
    I agree. Cosmic Rays has a variety of choices to suit everyones tastes. Also, every park has these amazing, huge, smoked turkey leggs. I'm not positive if they are a part of the DDP or not, but the're really yummy.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    At Animal Kingdom, I love Flame Tree BBQ. I love Pecos Bills or Cosmic Ray's at MK. I love to eat at the Land at Sunshine SEason (or something like that). There is a counter service over by Star Tours at DHS that I can't think of the name.
    It's called the Backlot Express, and it's my preferred DHS counter-service restaurant.

Sharpays Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    If you're at epcot consider "eating around the world". We has sushi in Japan, salmon sandwich in Norway and Moroccan desserts. We bought one "meal" in each place and shared. It was really fun.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    My votes goes for Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square. I can't pass it up! Good portions, good food, and if you go upstairs, you can have a nice quiet lunch. You'll forget you're even at Disney for a minute it's so peaceful!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Disney Boy is offline A-Ticket holder
    If your visting Epcot in the day, you HAVE to eat in a resturant. As you may know there are countries all around Epcot, Germany is amazing they have a buffet which is very nice. IF you really and i mean really want counter food Morroco has a okay place. And P.S. Go to Chef Mickeys if you have a kid

Yours Truely

Disney Boy
    “If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.” - Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Fish & Chips at the UK, Corn Dog Nuggets at Casey's Corner, Backlot Express at DHS, and Flame Tree BBQ at AK. Okay, now I'm hungry!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Most places in MK are pretty good. Cosmic Ray's is my favourite, its your standard burgers and fries, but its got lot of chicken and salad options, a fantastic fixin's bar, and an animatronic alien that seranades you with lounge songs while you eat (this is my Magic Kingdom can't-miss place) Pecos Bill's is also very cool, and Comlubia Harbour house is nice and dark and cool, a good place to relax. I wouldn't recommend Pinnochio's. Its sort of touch-and-go.
    Animal Kingdom, your choices are limited, but I love Pizzafari, mostly for its decor. Walk through each room and try to find the themes, its very cool!
    The Studios...there isn't a whole lot, the Backlot Express is the best, I think, but we actually avoid eating a meal there, we snack and that eat at...
    Epcot!! Here's where you have to make the tough choices. We ALWAYS eat around the world, each person buys something on the dining plan, and then we all split it. Canada got rid of the Beaver tail, so we don't stop there anymore...lol. UK is great for fish and chips, France...the pasteries are to die for! I'm not really a fan of Middle Easter food, so I can't really help with Morroco...Japan has great sushi and green tea ice cream. The United States doesn't have anything to write home about, just chicken strips, etc. Italy doesn't offer counter service meals, just snacks. Germany has great Bratwurst and sauerkraut, Norway has a fantastic bakery (really, really fantastic) and Mexico is capital D, Delicious. THEN you have the other side of Epcot, my person favourite is the food court in the Land pavillian...it has the one of the greatest varieties on property, and its super yummy. I highly recommend it.
    Wow, long message, eh? Something about food....mmmmmmmmm. Have a great trip!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    The United States doesn't have anything to write home about, just chicken strips, etc.
    If there was chicken strips there now, I bet that would be something to write about

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Flame Tree BBQ in the AK gets my vote!
    They call me "Nana"

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney is fantastic, too!
    They call me "Nana"

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I like the Lotus Blossom Cafe in China in EPCOT.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    MK = Pinocchio Village (Fantasyland), Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square), orCosmic Ray's (Tomorrowland)
    AK = Pizzafari (It's the only place we have tried)
    DHS = Backlot Express is our first choice, we have tried other places but this is our favorite
    Epcot = We eat around the world the counter service way normally, especially Fish n Chips in the UK. We have also had a good meal at Sunshine Seasons (the Land).
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast