Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Family Quiz in the Ask The Experts forums; We have a family quiz in anticipation of our trip to wdw. Head of family gives clues and we must answer in the form of a question. Answers pertain to ...
    j.gregston is offline A-Ticket holder

Family Quiz

We have a family quiz in anticipation of our trip to wdw. Head of family gives clues and we must answer in the form of a question. Answers pertain to WDW people places and things.
    Clue is: ETR and his boys would really feel at home on this.

Any ideas? Thanks.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    first - Welcome to DWT.com

Second - Who is ETR?

I beat EVERYBODY welcoming you to the site!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!
    Last edited by ToddBreakey; 02-28-2005 at 10:41 PM.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

family quiz

Thanks for the welcome. Never gone on a message board before. ETR is the big mystery. If we can get that we can probably solve it. We thought it might be the Enchanted Tiki Room but that didn't make sense and head of family confirmed it was not so. Head of family is very cryptic and as this is question 5 in our family quiz--he is upping the ant-y.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just thinking about what characters have initials that are ETR. The only one I could think of off the top of my head is the Robinson family from Swiss Family Robinson. One of the characters was Ernst Robinson.

So maybe the answer is the Swiss Family Tree House.

I'll try to think of more possibilities.

What do you get if you get the quiz correct?
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

We sent in an answer of the Swiss Family Treehouse last night but were told "NO". As far as the movie goes, we could only find out that the name was FATHER.
    Prize is to be announced. We are playing for points. Our family has 20 pts, other 2 families have 10 each. So far we have been able to get every answer, just not the fastest. This one has us stumped, and regardless of points we like to get the answers. I think Head of family will send a clue in a day or so if we don't get it. ( I sure hope that ETR is Disney related or we may have to cry FOUL!)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I've struggled with this since you sent me the email earlier this evening.

I thought about the Tiki Room as well, but couldn't make it "fit."

"his boys" - thought of Peter Pan and lost boys, but initials again are a problem...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    According to Disney ETR stands for Employee Time Recording...where that fits I couldn't tell.

Based on our knowledge of Head of Family we think the answer will be simple. Past correct answers have been Disney Railroad, Tree of Life, Hidden Mickeys, and Fort Wilderness Lodge (where we stayed as family in 2002). He is getting tricky with the ETR on us because we were getting the other answers so quickly. He usually gets his facts out of a simple guide book although he was just given the Disney Trivial Pursuit Game. Will keep you posted on any clues he will give. Thanks for the ideas and help.

AM I embarassed. Just asked head of family direct question- is ETR Disney related? and he said no-only the answer is Disney related. That is just too broad to be asking for your help on this forum. I thank you for your time and effort and I will tell you the answer when we get it. I am disappointed-- was excited about using the experts and my first message forum..only to have it really be vague and too broad of a question.>>>THINKING OUT LOUD>>>> I would guess ETR would be someone famous then--we have three boys ourselves but not the right initials...and no one else related has these initals. Could boys be Dogs or another slang type term, or a famous sports team?<<<<<

We received a clue to ETR today and we quickly got the right answer. The clue was "The T in ETR stands for THE--" THe Answer is Maelstrom. Eric the Red and his boys would feel at home on this ride. We got the points.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Congratulations on getting the points! I'm not sure whether to recommend you tell your Head of Family about our site or not - I'd be afraid of the questions he'd be able to come up with after hanging around some of us for a while!

to the boards, and feel free to post anytime. We love a good puzzle!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    Quote Originally Posted by j.gregston
    Based on our knowledge of Head of Family we think the answer will be simple. Past correct answers have been Disney Railroad, Tree of Life, Hidden Mickeys, and Fort Wilderness Lodge (where we stayed as family in 2002). He is getting tricky with the ETR on us because we were getting the other answers so quickly. He usually gets his facts out of a simple guide book although he was just given the Disney Trivial Pursuit Game. Will keep you posted on any clues he will give. Thanks for the ideas and help.
    Interesting sounding game, but I'm not too impressed with the accuracy of the answers, if those were accepted. There is no such thing as a Disney Railroad (maybe Disneyland or Walt Disney World Railroad?) or a Fort Wilderness Lodge (it's either Fort Wilderness or Wilderness Lodge.)
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!