Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss It's a Small World Closing? in the Ask The Experts forums; I heard from a semi reliable source that It's a small world is closing. I have been able to find that it is closing at Disneyland for refurbishing but he ...
    eeyore1954 is offline A-Ticket holder

It's a Small World Closing?

I heard from a semi reliable source that It's a small world is closing. I have been able to find that it is closing at Disneyland for refurbishing but he was talking about actual closing at DisneyWorld. I find it hard to believe because it is a tradition and think he was incorrect. I know the ride doesn't garner the ridership it once did but Disney is not Disney if they took it away.

I never go without riding at least once. I remember waiting for close to a couple of hours when it first opened in Disneyland.

I will appreciate and be relieved if I get confirmation it is not true

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I'm about 100% postive that it's not true. If so, I'd throw myself off a cliff. I'm joking...no but seriously...
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    That's ONLY a rumor. End of story.

eeyore1954 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank You both for your replies. I was certain he was mistaken and hope you are correct.

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Keep in mind too that Small World at Disney World just re-opened within the last year and a half after going through a major refurbishment that took several months. It would be highly unlikely and illogical that they would close such a staple ride.
    Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The rumors are probably an offshoot of the controversy over the proposed changes to Small World in DL. It's a classic, amazing piece of art and history all rolled into one, and the family of Mary Blair is really fighting the changes.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by TestSherpa View Post
    It's a classic, amazing piece of art and history all rolled into one, and the family of Mary Blair is really fighting the changes.
    Seems to me that the Blairs haven't seen what the amazing new Hong Kong Disneyland version of IaSW is like. IMO, if they saw it, they'd be proven wrong and learn to take it easy and stop worrying.

Also, IMO, that "open letter" that Kevin Blair wrote a couple of months back was rather unprofessional (the use of certain words that I won't dare to repeat clinched it for me) and I don't think that the company would take something seriously if it was written in such a nasty manner.

I do agree that IaSW is a classic, though. It always has been and always will be.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I just read thru most of the supporting docs on this, very interesting reading. I happen to like the idea of a Salute America style something. I happen to also agree that IASW is really, really not the place for it. Leave this one alone and take out a lesser attended event/attraction to do the other.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    If you want to know more about the whole situation, go to the following link and read all stories that have links provided:

Save the Rainforest, Save the Small World
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I would be really surprised if they closed iasw. It's not a particular favorite of mine, but I do think it's something all MK visitors should experience. It's classic Disney, you know?