Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Tipping on the Dining Plan in the Ask The Experts forums; We are on the dining plan and I know that tip is no longer included. Can you swipe a card (ie visa) for the tip or do I have to ...
    lexitoad is offline B-Ticket Holder

Tipping on the Dining Plan

We are on the dining plan and I know that tip is no longer included. Can you swipe a card (ie visa) for the tip or do I have to carry cash for that? Any other issues I should be aware of?

CheshireCat is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oahu, Hawaii.....gorgeous here.....but only here for one more year....then back to the mainland.....who knows where....LOL.
    OOOOhhhh, good question. I need this answer also. I'll be in DW around Christmas time using the dining plan, too.
    "I'll Be Your Candle on the Water"

Favorite Disney Movie : Sleeping Beauty

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    You can use the cards, I believe, or your room charge. That was the easiest most of the time - they take the card to deduct the credits for the meal, and charge the amount of the tip back to your room.

The receipts at many of the restaurants come with the calculations for both 18% and 20% gratuity printed on them, so you don't even have to do the math.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

WenD2ndStar is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I was on the dining plan this past January, and we happened to carry cash, but I'm pretty sure, like Pat wrote, that you can put tips on your room charge. I'm not sure how they treat cash/debit cards.

Front desk at your resort will also cash checks--I think I've heard for up to $100, so if you prefer to do cash you can get it that way and not have to pay ATM fees, which is really nice.
    Wendy