Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Has Disney ever offered free dining in November? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi all! I'm super excited 'cause I'm going to go visit The Mouse in November for the first time in 2 years. Woo-hoo! I was wondering - historically, has Disney ...
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

Has Disney ever offered free dining in November?

Hi all!

I'm super excited 'cause I'm going to go visit The Mouse in November for the first time in 2 years. Woo-hoo! I was wondering - historically, has Disney ever offered free dining in November? I'm asking so that I know who to get my tickets from - an authorized dealer versus Disney itself. (I'm under the impression that, for the August/September free dining, you only qualify if you stay onsite for at least 3 nights AND buy your ticket from Disney itself.) If Disney doesn't usually offer free dining in November, I'll get my tickets from OFL or MLT, but if they sometimes do, I might wait to see if they offer it this November and then get my tickets from Disney.

Thanks so much!

Smack81

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nope, they've never done Free Dining in November.

Mousesavers has a list of all the discounts for the past several years. Go here: MouseSavers.com - Historical Information on Walt Disney World Resort Discounts and search for "free dining", and you'll see the dates.

To clarify a possible misunderstanding, getting Free Dining is more than a simple matter of "buying your tickets and room direct from Disney". You cannot buy them separately. You MUST purchase a Magic Your Way vacation package, which includes your tickets and room all bundled together, and gives you the "rack-rate" (ie, full price) for the hotel. Additionally, just because you book during the Free Dining period does not mean you get Free Dining. You have to specifically request it, and the number of rooms they have for this promotion is more limited than the number of rooms they have total. That is, just because a room is available at the hotel you want to stay at does not mean you'll be able to book a Free Dining package at that hotel.

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Wow, that was actually really helpful. Thanks!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I don't think there's ever a sentence where free is in the same sentence as Disney, unless there was some strange weather patterns that altered this universal law of these two words not being allowed in the same sentence such as a blue moon, then I could be wrong.

careynancy is offline A-Ticket holder
    What was the name Marty Sklar wanted before it was settled to name the park Epcot?

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by careynancy View Post
    What was the name Marty Sklar wanted before it was settled to name the park Epcot?
    Marty Sklar Metropolis staring it's main mascot, Marty Mouse. Somehow they soon realized that it sounded almost identical to the area they were going to build the second gate, so they decided to come up with some wacky acronym like EPCOT and stuck with that. Actually I have no idea but that sounds right so I'm sticking to it

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't believe so. Every time I've ever seen it (and used it), it's been only from the very end of August through mid to late September. I guess it's one of their lightest times with kids going back to school and are pulling out all the stops to bring people in.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Nope, they've never done Free Dining in November.

Mousesavers has a list of all the discounts for the past several years. Go here: MouseSavers.com - Historical Information on Walt Disney World Resort Discounts and search for "free dining", and you'll see the dates.

To clarify a possible misunderstanding, getting Free Dining is more than a simple matter of "buying your tickets and room direct from Disney". You cannot buy them separately. You MUST purchase a Magic Your Way vacation package, which includes your tickets and room all bundled together, and gives you the "rack-rate" (ie, full price) for the hotel. Additionally, just because you book during the Free Dining period does not mean you get Free Dining. You have to specifically request it, and the number of rooms they have for this promotion is more limited than the number of rooms they have total. That is, just because a room is available at the hotel you want to stay at does not mean you'll be able to book a Free Dining package at that hotel.
    Thanks for the information mritty. I'm a great fan of Mousesavers, but I didn't know there was a page up on historical discounts. (That's a good idea, though.) I knew part of what you said in your clarification paragraph, but not all of it, so I thank you.

I kind of figured (as WoL mentions above) that they typically offer free dining during the slowest times of year only, but it couldn't hurt to ask.
    Last edited by Smack81; 05-10-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: changed word