Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Favorite sweets in WDW in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi everyone! I'm heading to WDW in November for the first time in two years - woo-hoo! I'll be traveling with a party of 11. A decent number of us ...
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

Favorite sweets in WDW

Hi everyone!

I'm heading to WDW in November for the first time in two years - woo-hoo! I'll be traveling with a party of 11. A decent number of us are really healthy eaters outside of WDW, but when we're there, we relax the dietary standards a bit and enjoy some sweet treats. One of our favorite treats is a Kringla, the sweet pretzel they sell at the Norwegian bakery. I wondered - do you guys have any favorite sweet treats in WDW, and where do you get them?

Note - the youngest person in our party will be 9 when we go, and the oldest will be in his mid-70s, so nothing will be too juvenile or too old. Also, one of the treats I'm looking forward to is the grapefruit cake at The Hollywood Brown Derby. I've never had it, but I just saw its picture, and WOW! does it look tasty.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    oops
    Last edited by Andrewgator; 05-15-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Get familiar with the words "dole whip" you will hear them alot. Whenever Disney treats topic comes up people go crazy about dole whips. I personally haven't had one yet. However, on my last trip I tried the Backlavah in Morocco and it was delicious. One of my other favorites is school bread in the Norwegaian bakery. There is so much to try! Never a shortage of treats.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Anything from Ghiarradelli (sp?) that has chocolate si really grand, and Mickey Head Ice Cream, not too much of a sweets gal beyond that.

Note to AndrewGator: there is a thread here with a recipe for Dole Whip that is quite close and the addition od an adult libation would make it a party fav. Served not so frozen would be a sweet but good "new" margharita-impress your friends. Good Luck.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ok, since no one has officially said it....Dole Whip is my favorite. You can find these at the Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom, located near the entrance to Adventureland.

Hey is anyone else getting hunger???????
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile

I have a bit of a sweet tooth myself...some of my favorites

Mickey Head Ice Cream (of course)
    Boma's Zebra Domes
    Port Orleans' Beignets
    Goofy's Candy Kitchen make your own Marshmallow stick
    Cookies from the sweet shop on the Boardwalk
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

Thanks for your replies! I've got to ask - what exactly is a Dole Whip? Am I right to say that it has something to do with pineapple? I'm not a huge fan of pineapple. I like its flavor, but not its texture. Do you think I would like a Dole Whip, granted that that's the case?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smack81 View Post
    Thanks for your replies! I've got to ask - what exactly is a Dole Whip? Am I right to say that it has something to do with pineapple? I'm not a huge fan of pineapple. I like its flavor, but not its texture. Do you think I would like a Dole Whip, granted that that's the case?
    I may be wrong, but I consider it soft serve ice cream. I beleive it at least comes in chocolate and vanilla or a mixture of both.

My favorite is gummies...okay, so they aren't much different in taste from what you can buy anywhere, but I like the Disney shapes..and they do seem fresher than anywhere else.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Yes Dole Whip is also one of my favs, also love the giant rice krispie treats in MK and DDT.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    also love the giant rice krispie treats in MK and DDT.
    It's funny that you say that GIOny 'cause I've been meaning to try one of those for some time and never remember to. Hopefully, this trip will be the one where I get my hands on one of 'em.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Mickey head waffles with syrup. Breakfast or a snack - I'd eat them all day if I could! And DH had a huge cinamon bun with sauce from the Main Street Bakery which he said was the best thing he ate for the whole trip!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I'm fond of Frozen Cokes in Disney and my DF loves the Blue Slushes particularly at DHS
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I love dole whips, mickey crispie treats, mickey ice creams.................

WenD2ndStar is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm new to the Dole Whip craze, just had my 1st one on my last trip--YUMMY!!! As you've read, I guess, it's pineapple soft serve, and you can also get it as a float in pineapple juice, so you don't have to worry about the pineapple texture . I've heard there is a strawberry version of the same treat in Fantasyland, but I'm not sure exactly where... Enjoy!!!
    Wendy

Wow. I really shouldn't look to see the newest posts to this thread right before I go to bed 'cause it's making me hungry! Thanks for the ideas, and thanks to WenD2ndStar for the texture info. Now, I think I'll have to try one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast