Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Really Bizarre Question... in the Ask The Experts forums; So I was in science class and everyone was talking about Walt Disney being frozen. I consider myself knowledgeable on the subject of Walt Disney (10+ page research paper on ...

Really Bizarre Question...

So I was in science class and everyone was talking about Walt Disney being frozen. I consider myself knowledgeable on the subject of Walt Disney (10+ page research paper on him), the Disney Company and the Walt Disney World theme park...

I was wondering: is that rumor true? Is he really frozen? I've heard that he is frozen and is kept inside "the Castle" (not really sure which) but I'm fairly sure that's not true...

Hopefully someone on this site knows the answer - it's really been bugging me these past few days!!!
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Ummmm no, it's not true.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    No- he was cremated and his ashes can be found in California at Forest Lawn.

thanks. I'll have to pass that info along! I doubted it all along, now I can confirm that it's not true! phew, that puts that one to rest!

Thanks!
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    No- he was cremated and his ashes can be found in California at Forest Lawn.
    The Disney family crypt contains Walt Disney, Lillian Bounds Disney (his widow), Robert Brown (son-in-law) and Sharon Disney Brown Lund (daughter).

If you do a Google search under Disney Family Crypt, you can find a link for a photo of the crypt.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Go to snopes.com (the website for the truth on urban myths) and do a search for Walt Disney for verification of the above.
    -- Eric

i looked at snopes.com and it said he is cremated...

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Walt is actually still alive and pumping gas with Elvis in New Mexico

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    That topic came up in my science class too! (Must be a big science topic)
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in July and someone asked that question and our tour guide said that he is not frozen. He is buried in I think Glendale, California but they are not allowed to tell which cemetery. I think he was cremated too.
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder

marker photo

Here's a picture of the marker at Forest Lawn

Walt Disney's grave (photo)