Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss "Kiss Goodnight" ??? in the Ask The Experts forums; On the "How Many Things Have You Done?" ( http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-you-done.html ) thread, one of the choices on the most recent question set was: 4. Have you ever seen the "Kiss ...
    Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas

"Kiss Goodnight" ???

On the "How Many Things Have You Done?" (http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-you-done.html) thread, one of the choices on the most recent question set was:

4. Have you ever seen the "Kiss Goodnight" at the Magic Kingdom??

What is that exactly? I would love to see it at some point!

Also, if anyone has any other pointers/tips/insights on any of the other questions in the most recent edition, that would be great too!
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    If I remember it correctly there are times that Mickey and Minnie are standing above the main gate of MK as the park closes. They are telling everyone bye and I think Mickey or Minnie blowes a kiss. We saw it once. I don't think it happens every night. I wrote down a few things that were considered "rare" that we saw on our first trip and it just made the magic that much more special. I'll have to find that list!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    The Kiss Goodnite is the light show on the castle at park closing. It looks really pretty as it changes colors.
    Here is a link on youtube showing some of it. YouTube - the kiss good nite at magic kingdom

Btw...seen it from both Ohana and up close and personal. Gave me a chance to play with the nitetime feature on my camera..some colors it turns shoot better then others apparently....LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The "Kiss Goodnight" is a short light show on Cinderella Castle, accompanied by a little music and a 'thanks for coming, have a good night' type message from Jiminy Cricket. It takes place half an hour after official park closing time (after any Extra Magic Hours) and again every half hour for 4 times altogether every night.
    Walt Disney World Live Entertainment lists the times for the Kiss Goodnight in the section on MK parades & fireworks.

You are correct, OhioDisneyDad, that Mickey does wave goodbye from the train station platform (on the outside of the park) as you leave at closing time.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks Disneydame! I wonder if we can stay and see it this year since we are staying off property.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Do you mean, Time -wise you wont be able to stay? OR because you are non-Diseny resort guests you cant stay? Timewise,cant help you there...LOL but as long as it is not an EMH nite you can hang around for a bit after the fireworks, find a bench and enjoy. We did in March (off site) and had no problem--we were there at least 20 min past official close and there were still tons of ppl about.

Wait??? You guys have all the answers and even you can't help me with time???!!! DRAT!!!!! LOL! I meant just hanging after wards. SO what about the trams and boats? Will they stop running and strand us in the lot waiting for a taxi to take us back to the loading center and on to our vehicles?

I think I've hijacked this thread.

LOL...I am a goddess (see avatar) but I never claimed to be omnipotent. LOL

General rule of thumb....as long as there is guests in the park the monorail and ferrys will be running. (ferrys sometimes shut down earlier) Parking lot trams...not sure. When you get on the trams to go from your car to the ferry/monorails at MK, they usually tell you when the last one will be leaving the TTC back to the lots. You can always ask before?when you get off at the TTC. Have fun and stay and watch the PURTY lights. LOL