Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Choosing between 2 character meals in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi everyone! My family is debating between two character meals for our upcoming November trip - Donald's Safari Breakfast at The Tusker House (at DAK) or the Supercalifragilistic... breakfast at ...
  1. #1
    Smack81's Avatar
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    582

    Choosing between 2 character meals

    Hi everyone!

    My family is debating between two character meals for our upcoming November trip - Donald's Safari Breakfast at The Tusker House (at DAK) or the Supercalifragilistic... breakfast at The Grand Floridian. I wondered - has anyone ever done them both? If so, did you feel that one was markedly better than the other one? (If it helps at all, there will be 11 people going - between 8 and mid-70s...one vegetarian and a couple of really picky eaters in the mix.)

    Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    Keasmom's Avatar
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Wishing Place
    Posts
    19,775
    You might want to also try reading the menus for both and let that help determine which would be better for the multiple dining needs of your group. I have been to Park Fare for breakfast and it was great with a lot, a LOT of choice so vegetarians and picky eaters would be fine. I have not been to Tusker House, so I cannot answer on that one.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

    Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

  3. #3
    dzney4lyf's Avatar
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in my own little world
    Posts
    12,747
    if you cannot decide then just go to both.

  4. #4
    Flanagan's Avatar
    Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Greetings from Asbury Park
    Posts
    329
    I haven't been to the Tusker House, but I will give you a tip:
    When you call for the ADR, do not call the CRO dining number (407-WDW-DINE). There is a separate number that puts you through to the group reservations department (not Grand Gatherings, but a separate department), which has better availability for groups of 8 or more than the regular dining department. I found this out last time I called for our group of 11. We got much better seating: all but one of which accommodated all of us at one table, which is extremely rare.
    The number is 407-939-7707. If you have a Grand Gatherings number, they can help you out even more!


    Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

    Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

    ____________________
    Hey look, I'm Picasso!
    I don't get it...
    YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!

  5. #5
    Smack81's Avatar
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
    I haven't been to the Tusker House, but I will give you a tip:
    When you call for the ADR, do not call the CRO dining number (407-WDW-DINE). There is a separate number that puts you through to the group reservations department (not Grand Gatherings, but a separate department), which has better availability for groups of 8 or more than the regular dining department. I found this out last time I called for our group of 11. We got much better seating: all but one of which accommodated all of us at one table, which is extremely rare.
    The number is 407-939-7707. If you have a Grand Gatherings number, they can help you out even more!
    Good to know! Thanks Flanagan!

  6. #6
    Smack81's Avatar
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    You might want to also try reading the menus for both and let that help determine which would be better for the multiple dining needs of your group. I have been to Park Fare for breakfast and it was great with a lot, a LOT of choice so vegetarians and picky eaters would be fine. I have not been to Tusker House, so I cannot answer on that one.
    Thanks Keasmom! Out of curiosity, which characters were at Park Fare when you were there?

  7. #7
    eyeinthesky's Avatar
    eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    169
    Tusker House is a popular choice and the characters are slightly more popular. At the GF, you'll have Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. At Tusker House, you'll see Donald, Goofy and Pluto.

    Here's a tip: make the reservation after you think you will be done with Kilimanjaro Safaris as the line for this attraction gets long quickly. Or, have breakfast prior to park opening--it can be fun having AK to yourself for a little while, even if the attractions aren't open. Have fun.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886
    We do not normally book breakfast for one of our meals....we maybe do one breakfast per trip and I have to say that 1900 Park Fare is one of our favorites!!!

    As they always say that characters are subject to change.... but the last time we were there for breakfast it was Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins. I think even Minnie was there one time making a special appearance!

    We have done the breakfast at AK before, but not since they moved it to Tusker House so I cannot be much help there for you!

  9. #9
    Smack81's Avatar
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    582
    Thanks eyesinthesky and DisneyDreamer!

  10. #10
    Mickey's#1Fan's Avatar
    Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    Posts
    563
    ive done donalds breakfastosauras and i enjoyed it very much im going to the Tusker House breakfast in Aug for the first time so iam very excited and will be sure to give my input on the experience
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

    "please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute


    check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar


    WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

  11. #11
    disneyveteran's Avatar
    disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Just outside Chicago, IL
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's#1Fan View Post
    ive done donalds breakfastosauras and i enjoyed it very much im going to the Tusker House breakfast in Aug for the first time so iam very excited and will be sure to give my input on the experience
    We went to Tusker House in March for the breakfast. The food was outstanding, much better than Breakfastasaurous and the fact that Daisy Duck is there made it that much better.
    TINA







    2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

  12. #12
    Smack81's Avatar
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's#1Fan View Post
    ive done donalds breakfastosauras and i enjoyed it very much im going to the Tusker House breakfast in Aug for the first time so iam very excited and will be sure to give my input on the experience
    Thanks Mickey! That would be great.

  13. #13
    Smack81's Avatar
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyveteran View Post
    We went to Tusker House in March for the breakfast. The food was outstanding, much better than Breakfastasaurous and the fact that Daisy Duck is there made it that much better.
    Thanks Disneyveteran! And hello to a fellow Chicagoan! I live on the south side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •