Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Richard Petty Driving Experience in the Ask The Experts forums; I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the Richard Petty Driving Experience. I'm going to Disney World this summer for my Honeymoon. My soon to be ...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning

Richard Petty Driving Experience

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the Richard Petty Driving Experience. I'm going to Disney World this summer for my Honeymoon. My soon to be husband loves cars and I thought it would be a good wedding present to get him a lesson in driving while we are down there. I figure it is better for him to try out his racing skills on a closed corse than on our state highways!!! I had a few questions though....

I was going to get the King's Experience which states it is a 4-5 hour course....

For anyone who has done this... is it worth the price?? How far in advance should I book for mid june?? Should I plan in dropping him off at the track and take myself on a shopping spree at the market place?? Can I take picture of him driving or do I have to buy them from Disney themselves?? Any other things that I should know before I call and book??

Thanks!!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    I have done the Richard Petty driving expeirence because i am a nascar nut. It was well worth the price if your only going to do it once in your lifetime. Try calling at the end of may beginning of june to get your preferred date. You can always take the bus from the TTC over to the track....you can take alot of pictures if you want to it will save on the price disney charges.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    i'm a NASCAR fan, and i'm definitely doing this my next trip.

i don't think i'm going with the "King" though, but probably the one down with the 2 10 lap sessions. i'm a little disappointed you can't pass the lead car, from what i've read.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Thanks guys... I hope he likes it. If not he better darn well pretend he did!!! I will make sure I have a camera that day, I know how Disney likes to charge up the wazoo for their photos...