Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Night Life Suggestions in the Ask The Experts forums; I understand that Pleasure Island will be closed for renovations after September (don't recall exactly..28th maybe) for renovations, makeovers etc. Our trip is in October and we were really planning ...
    kriskay is offline B-Ticket Holder

Night Life Suggestions

I understand that Pleasure Island will be closed for renovations after September (don't recall exactly..28th maybe) for renovations, makeovers etc.

Our trip is in October and we were really planning on going out at least twice. Even booked POR so we would be close.

I know there is City Walk but I don't have any experience there. Anyone enjoy the night life at City Walk and have some suggestions/insider tips? I heard that most nights in October, people dress up there for Halloween?

Also, any other suggestions for night life? We are pretty open, adventureous and we will have our own transportation.

~~Kriskay~~

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    River Roost Lounge. POR!

Read up on the reviews for this lounge, it is by far one of our favorites of all the night spots in WDW. The resort will be able to tell you which nights
    Bob Jackson is entertaining. He is such a hoot and involves the entire lounge. We often stay at POR and it is perfect when you don't have the energy left to truck on out elsewhere but still want a fun evening.

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    To me, City Walk is more like DTD West Side than PI. There are a few clubs there, like Bob Marley and the groove, but the majority of the space is restaurants and shops. It's about a 20-minute cab ride away from POR.

You could also check out the Atlantic Dance Hall and Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk. Jellyrolls is a non-traditional nightclub, with its dueling pianos and somewhat family-friendly atmosphere, but it is a lot of fun. The ADH is a standard nightclub with a dance floor and bars. It should be more popular once PI closes.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by kriskay View Post
    I understand that Pleasure Island will be closed for renovations after September (don't recall exactly..28th maybe) for renovations, makeovers etc.

Our trip is in October and we were really planning on going out at least twice. Even booked POR so we would be close.

I know there is City Walk but I don't have any experience there. Anyone enjoy the night life at City Walk and have some suggestions/insider tips? I heard that most nights in October, people dress up there for Halloween?

Also, any other suggestions for night life? We are pretty open, adventureous and we will have our own transportation.
    Universal Studios CityWalk is a 30-acre entertainment district full of shopping, dining, and nightlife venues. From the best clubs in Orlando, to some of the best food this side of the country, CityWalk offers a wide variety of entertainment. CityWalk hours are from 11:00am-2:00am 365 days a year.

And then a list of all the shops, resteraunts, and clubs with a short description about them.

IOACentral.com › The Adventure Lives Online!

Official site: Universal CityWalk: Orlando's Entertainment Hotspot
    Last edited by albino_pygmy; 07-09-2008 at 10:45 AM.

I second Yeehaw Bob at POR!! He's amazing! It can get loud so if you want laidback some night head of to POFQ to see Elliot Dyson. Great musician. I even have one of his CDs.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I second (third?) Bob... and you're right there!! GREAT (free) show... shouldn't be missed... a true hidden treasure im my opinion
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    In October. Universal has it's own Halloween Party called halloween horror nights. I don't know about people dressing at Citywalk but it definitely has a night life. Sidewalk shows, live performers and great restaurants and clubs are all there.

At Disney in October, my nightlife tends to include Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, The Boardwalk - we go to ESPN for our Football fix, Spoodles and Jellyrolls are Great alternatives to sports on the Boardwalk~I still visit DTD for my nightly entertainment, Remember House of Blues and Hard Rock Live are good for some specialty entertainment. Hoopdie Doo, The Luau at the Poly and Ohana's at the Poly could qualify for different things to do with PI gone that I would gladly go to any of those instead. IMHO.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I guess I would "fourth" the POR recommendation. There are a number of great lounges on property that you could try. I guess it comes down to whether you are looking for more of a club atmosphere or you just want to get drinks to wind down.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas