Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss How long does Magical Express take? in the Ask The Experts forums; My family and I are going to WDW in Sept. and we were wondering how long it takes to get to the resort on Magical Express. Our flight will land ...
    jaymie is offline You can fly!

How long does Magical Express take?

My family and I are going to WDW in Sept. and we were wondering how long it takes to get to the resort on Magical Express. Our flight will land about 4pm and we are staying at the AKL. We have ADR's for Liberty Tree Tavern at 7:20 pm. Do you think we will make it? Or should I cancel the reservation? Anyone have any advice? Thanks!
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

They say to allow 45-75 minutes for transportation time from airport to your resort. It really just depends on how many other resort stops they need to make before arriving at yours.

You may not leave the airport until around 4:30 so if you figure an hour from there would put you at your resort by 5:30. You should be able to get checked in and make it over to the Magic Kingdom in time to make your 7:20 ADR. As long as you don't have any delays you should be fine. I wouldn't cancel it. I might try to call and see if you can get a little later time, maybe add a 1/2 an hour or so just to play it safe, but if they don't have any times available just keep what you have and hope for the best!

Just be sure not to cancel and try your best to get there because this character meal is being discontinued starting in January 2009!

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    You have to consider how busy the ME will be when you arrive. There are two caveats here: if it is very busy, the queue will be quite long, but chances are you will get right to your resort once on the bus. If it isn't busy at all, the queue will be virtually nonexistent, but you will have a lot of stops along the way. You might luck out with the first or second stop, though.

I will tell you that last August, my flight landed around 3 and we barely made our ADR at Raglan Road at 7:00, and the ME was almost empty. That was a special circumstance, though, as both check-in at the resort and the wait for the bus to DTD were atrocious. However, it did take over two hours from the time we got off the plane to the time we arrived at the resort. I have used the ME other times when I was on the line to check in at the resort about an hour after getting off the plane. I would say that both of these experiences are on opposite ends of the bell curve, and would expect a "normal" experience to be somewhere in the middle.

When they say 45-75 minutes, they mean from the time the bus leaves the airport. That doesn't include collecting luggage (if you chose to do so yourself), waiting in the line to check in at ME, or waiting for the bus. But even with my somewhat pessimistic view, I'm still with Melissa: don't cancel the ADR!

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    Thanks for the info guys! That helps a lot!
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder
    If you are using the luggage service with ME make sure you pack anything you need right away in a carry-on. I overlooked the fine print okay, okay, I didn't read it at all. It takes 2-3 hours for your luggage to arrive, even if you arrive at midnight.